Does you check arrow rotation?

I guess what I am asking is, if you set up your own bow, do you just assume it spins arrows to the right or clockwise?
Do you actually check it while bare shaft tuning. Do you even bare shaft tune.

If you have a shop do the set up, do they check? Do they inform you of arrow rotation direction?

My current bows spin arrows counter clock wise so I fletch with left off set. Rarely will I do a helical as I desire max speed down range and not just at the chrono 3' in front of bow.

I am just curious. I have arrows fletched with right offset, for other bows that send them counter clockwise, for different bows, and the arrow flight is fine. But wondering your thoughts on this process.

OP
mfllood3800
I love the grammar in the title lol
I changed it from "Does anyone, to Do you", but left the does in there I guess. lol
yep I'm a redneck

wapitibob

WKR
Yes, I bareshaft to check rotation and fletch to spin the same way. It's not for speed but grouping. I think Brady Ellison did a youtube on it a while back.

OP
mfllood3800
I agree

I mentioned helical versus off set for speed variations

I prefer off set

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Every time I see something that would seem to have the potential to increase accuracy......and then test it to see.......I almost always end back where I started after not finding any improvement. Kind of like "which way your d-loop knots face".

So my first question would be........why would a bare shaft spin at all? Is it the bow that is imparting that spin on it, and if so.....why or how, and is that fixable. I don't really want the bow imparting spin on my arrows, that's what the fletching is for. I also can't see how a bow could even do that. There would have to be some sort of a twisting involved to impart that rotation. I would probably want to get rid of that twist if possible. Does RH versus LH make a difference? Does the bow or the arrow even know whether it's being shot RH or LH when using a release?

However, this does raise an interesting question IMO. Which way do fixed blade BH's want to spin an arrow? THAT to me would be more important than the bare arrow shaft itself. A bare shaft isn't going to spin much, so the fletching overcoming any minor initial spin to the right or left is very easy. BUT.......if your fixed heads absolutely want to spin the arrow in a particular direction (either with or against the bare shaft initial rotation), that would be more critical than what the bare shaft is doing on its own. Because........even if you have enough fletching to overcome the BH's rotation, the fletching is going to be fighting that rotation the entire flight time if they are contrary to each other. So it would make more sense to make sure your fletching direction lines up with the direction your fixed heads want to spin.

Neverenoughhntn

Lil-Rokslider
I would assume that the direction a shaft wants to spin depends on the the lay of the carbon. The friction created between the rest and the shaft would then cause the shaft to spin one direction or another..... I know guys that shoot arrows that have a weave exterior, and claim that if you pick up an arrow and let it slowly slide between your thumb and index finger, that you can see which direction the shaft wants to spin. They then fletch accordingly, and claim it makes a difference in accuracy.....I haven’t tried it myself, so I can’t attest whether there’s anything to it.