Instructional compound videos

Bbell12

WKR
Was wondering if someone could recommend some good compound bow shooting videos. I've been shooting for a few months and know the basics but am looking to elevate my knowledge and skill and don't really know where to start. I've looked into Nock On Archery on YouTube but there are so many videos to filter through that it seems impossible to find what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance for the help.

By the way, this is my first post on the forum after lurking for about a month; I really enjoy the content and have already learned quite a few tips and tactics that will benefit me in my future hunting adventures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

541hunter

WKR
I highly recommend taking the time to filter through the knock on channel. You will learn things you didn't know to ask. I would also recommend trying to find a local archery coach. I went this route when I started and did 5 or 6 lessons. They helped tremendously.

+2 for John Dudley and the Nock on you tube channel.
He has poured out a wealth of knowledge for free.

GotDraw?

WKR
@mpg07, your statement is correct but presumptuous- of course it's true that it's helpful to know what one is looking for...

However, when someone (like the OP) is a total beginner, then the odds are quite high that that he (I am presuming that the OP is a guy) won't know what he doesn't know. I give the OP big props for clearly stating that he is an absolute beginner and does not know where to start.

OP- a good coach will quickly determine your strengths and weaknesses so you can focus your training efforts in a positive feedback loop. Without good feedback, you will not easily determine where your flaws are and what issues are causing inacuracy and non-repeatable shooting form. Without coaching, you can easily end up wasting a lot of time in an iterative, frustrating negative-feedback loop.

Videos will help, but they will not provide immediate, expert feedback targeted to your precise issues. Dig through the videos, but try Googling archery coaches in your area. Decide on a coach and invest money in some lessons.

PM me with any questions.

Best,

JL

It might help to know what you are looking for.

OP
Bbell12

Bbell12

WKR
@mpg07, your statement is correct but presumptuous- of course it's true that it's helpful to know what one is looking for...

However, when someone (like the OP) is a total beginner, then the odds are quite high that that he (I am presuming that the OP is a guy) won't know what he doesn't know. I give the OP big props for clearly stating that he is an absolute beginner and does not know where to start.

OP- a good coach will quickly determine your strengths and weaknesses so you can focus your training efforts in a positive feedback loop. Without good feedback, you will not easily determine where your flaws are and what issues are causing inacuracy and non-repeatable shooting form. Without coaching, you can easily end up wasting a lot of time in an iterative, frustrating negative-feedback loop.

Videos will help, but they will not provide immediate, expert feedback targeted to your precise issues. Dig through the videos, but try Googling archery coaches in your area. Decide on a coach and invest money in some lessons.

PM me with any questions.

Best,

JL

This pretty much sums up the position that I'm in. I appreciate all the information you guys shared and will probably take the advice to find a shooting coach that can teach and provide feedback to me.

HookUp

WKR
My shooting was awful until I did john Dudleys program. John sounds like he is drunk when he talks (midwest) but is 100% the best archery coach out there.