Black Eagle Rampage Insert Options (pics requested)

PhillyB

WKR
I am building some black eagle rampage arrows this spring.

Some reviews swear by the BE half out, others despise it and have switched to a different setup

For those shooting Ramapages, what insert are you using and can you post a pic if you have one?

651715ca6c9412400d0220afd8de09c0.jpg
black eagle halfs. They havent been a problem but i will use HIT on my next set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brendan

WKR
Do you have any info on the footers? I can’t find anything on their site
I am shooting the rampage 250’s

Rayzor-VPA Custom Shop CTR-Punch Footers-204

I've been a fan of the 5mm HIT, but would prefer an arrow with a slightly lower GPI than the Axis so I can load up the front a little more, so think I'm getting ready to go this route too. (BE Rampage, 75 grain brass HIT, Footer, 125 grain BH)

Brendan

WKR
Brase HITS, flanged VPA footers.

How are the footers in terms of spinning true, and durability in targets, including bag targets? One of my big complaints with the GT system was the edge of the footer / outsert collar was always catching pulling it out of the targets to the point where it'd start to damage the edge of the collar where it met the shaft.

tommymo

Lil-Rokslider
I have had good luck with the half outs, just need to make sure you are all squared up and spin test before you glue up. No issues with bending the SS half outs, arrow will shatter before it bends.

Longshot

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t use anything, just the insert. I can’t post a pic, it’s just the shaft and the point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
PhillyB

PhillyB

WKR
Rayzor-VPA Custom Shop CTR-Punch Footers-204

I've been a fan of the 5mm HIT, but would prefer an arrow with a slightly lower GPI than the Axis so I can load up the front a little more, so think I'm getting ready to go this route too. (BE Rampage, 75 grain brass HIT, Footer, 125 grain BH)

Those footers slide on and off correct? Or are they a permanent install with glue/ epoxy?

Trial153

WKR
Sorry It took awhile to get back to everyone re the VPA footers. I was out of commission for a day. Havent been that sick in probably 10 years.

The VPA footers work excellent with HITS, they protect the face of the staft and will mitigate any lateral force applied against the shaft and insert. They pretty much negate the only weak spot with HITS. Back the day we used used to swedge and build our own arrow footers however the VPA with the flange is much nicer then anything i could build.
They slide on and held in place via the head with the flange resting against the arrow face or you can epoxy them in place which is what i do. They will spin as true as your shaft.
Some one asked about bag targets. It depends on the target. I have rag bag that they dont work in because of the inturnal media and i have a morrell target that work just fine.

Trial153

WKR
Email Ray at VPA and he can get you sqaured away with the footers. Pretty sure they arent on the site.

Gumbo

WKR
I'm also running 75 gr HITs with no collar/sleeve. Haven't had any issues with arrow damage unless I hit something I shouldn't.

SICARIO

FNG
I use the firenock half outs. I used the black eagle half outs at first, but they don’t really prevent the carbon shaft from mushrooming out if you hit something hard. The firenock have a chamfer that the shaft wedges into, which protects the shaft and aids in concentricity.

Between the half out inserts and gold tip nock bushings, it’s one tough arrow.

I also buy the select .001 shaft that have been ram tested for static spine. I then test the dynamic spine through flat line oscillation. Makes the arrows extremely consistent.

fbb61554344c2ff5fb56d9b2baaddf25.jpg

073ef62166c509fe115538953e5e0269.jpg

Last edited:
I shoot a Black Eagle Rampage 250 with their 56 grain half-out. At 29 inches and a 125gr broadhead, my setup weighs 522gr.

I haven't done a lot of testing with these as this is my first attempt at really good parts.

Hope this helps
4e94465caac71953e4709059d99ae4a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Acpinn

WKR
I shoot a Black Eagle Rampage 250 with their 56 grain half-out. At 29 inches and a 125gr broadhead, my setup weighs 522gr.

I haven't done a lot of testing with these as this is my first attempt at really good parts.

Hope this helps
4e94465caac71953e4709059d99ae4a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
What is the length of the half out that extends past the carbon shaft?