2018 Cold Bow Challenge

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Bobinmi,
Thank you much! Credit goes to a lot of our contributing members, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shooting the diamond infinite edge pro. bass pro envy x5 arrows 500. trophy ridge 5 pin micro adjust sight. scott hero release. intended species are pigs/deer. distance 20 yards.

day 1 (Saturday, May 26) - 7:30 pm, no wind
Ntv5ioe.jpg

Day 2 (Sunday, May 27) 4:30 pm, no wind, pretty harsh sun
uE1Q2Ef.jpg

Day 3 (Monday, May 28) light wind left to right, 5pm sunny
wVJgK6v.jpg

Day 4 (Thursday, May 31), pretty good wind left to right, 6pm for mrs. 8pm for me. setting sun
2ZEJ99x.jpg

Day 5 (Friday, June 1) strong wind left to right, 1pm for mrs., 5:30pm for me, bright sun
u1BWwiB.jpg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Mrs stonewall for fixing those pics. For everyone else, she’s not a late entry, she had her pictures posted on her husband’s thread by deadline, I just had her move them to her own post.

NDGuy

WKR
Thanks Mrs stonewall for fixing those pics. For everyone else, she’s not a late entry, she had her pictures posted on her husband’s thread by deadline, I just had her move them to her own post.

Is the drawing tonight then?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Is the drawing tonight then?
probably, today, but I have one more person who made deadline and is fixing photos. I hate to disqualify anyone who finished the challenge on time but had tech difficulties... Stay close.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
well crap, this ain't gonna happen today! It's almost 6 and I'm not off work yet, so....tomorrow is your day. thanks all. Glad I waited, as Billy Goat noticed his name and another guys were on the list twice--now that's some honesty there. While you're waiting, check the list for me and make sure you don't see anything funky.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Working on this right now. It came to my attention that some of the photos I was waiting to be fixed had been showing at one time (I know because I qualified them myself-like PHo's) and they aren't showing now.

So, I gotta make an executive decision here...

If there are five "attachments" showing in a thread, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt and qualifying those shooters. I've always thought people should know how to post photos (there's like 10 tutorials out there by members that work) but if it's truly a tech glitch, I don't wanna disqualify guys who did the work. I guess one or two could slip through the cracks, but I wanna give the benefit of the doubt.

So the list will grow by a few in the next few minutes but then I'll draw! Stay close...

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Using Random.org, I assigned a number to each qualifier in the division, drew the numbers and awarded the prizes in order they appear on qualifier list. Members can trade prizes if they'd like.

The official results are:

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Trad Division

attachment.php

Phone Skope goes to jds44

attachment.php

Stealth Cam G34 from Black Ovis goes to
PHo

attachment.php

Matrix $100 Gift Card goes to JWW

attachment.php

Off Grid Food Co.'s Freeze Dried Meal Kit goes to
Jared Lampton

Winners need to post on the thread AND email me [email protected] their shipping info within 10 days or I'll redraw.

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Compound Division:
attachment.php

S&S Archery's Built Black Gold Verdict 5-pin sight goes to JDZ

attachment.php

Stealth Cam G34 from Black Ovis goes to Scottyboy
attachment.php

Iron Will Broadheads goes to Moneyball

attachment.php

Off Grid Food Co.'s Freeze Dried Meal Kit goes to Billy Goat

Winner's need to post on the thread AND email me [email protected] their shipping info within 10 days or I'll redraw.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
And for the heck of it, here's a few honorable mentions for just some plain ol' great shooting:

Members

mfllood3800
Spencer@OffGridFoodCo

Rokstaff
Tony Trietch

Thanks everyone for shooting. In the spirit if Rokslide, we hope you learned something that will make you a better hunter. Until 2019--keep shooting!

Last edited:

JWW

WKR
I scored the Matrix gift card!! Thanks Rokslide

PHo

WKR
Thanks for this challenge!!! It was a great training exercise and one that I'll continue to do every so often to get ready for the season.

Moneyball

WKR
Iron Will Broadheads!!! I have been eyeing them for a while! Cant believe I will have some now. Thanks Iron Will, Rokslide, and Robby. What a great learning experience this challenge was for everyone.

GLB

WKR
Congratulations to the winners and thank you Rokslide for putting this on.

MacAttack

FNG
Congrats to the winners..bummer I wasn't one of them. But thanks to Rokslide and Robby Denning for putting this on!

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for participating everyone and congratulations to the winners!

Moneyball, reply to the email I just sent you and your Iron Will Broadheads will be on the way.

I didn't have enough time between setting up a new bow and leaving on a bear hunt to participate yet, but I'll be doing this soon as I think it is a great way to measure your true effective range.

Special thanks to Robby (v100 @ 60 yards) and Tony Trietch (s125 @90 yards) for using Iron Will broadheads for your groups. Nice Shooting!

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congratulations to the winners. I am going to do this again at 80 if I have time. I'll go ahead and post my results if I do to keep myself honest.

Live2hunt custom shelters

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for participating everyone and congratulations to the winners!

Moneyball, reply to the email I just sent you and your Iron Will Broadheads will be on the way.

I didn't have enough time between setting up a new bow and leaving on a bear hunt to participate yet, but I'll be doing this soon as I think it is a great way to measure your true effective range.

Special thanks to Robby (v100 @ 60 yards) and Tony Trietch (s125 @90 yards) for using Iron Will broadheads for your groups. Nice Shooting!

Sure thing Bill, I've continued shooting those same two heads, probably 75 shots on each of them now, flying true and still pretty sharp. They shoot right with my field points to 50-60 then a little lower after that. Good shooters for sure.