What is wrong with outserts?

sneaky

"DADDY"
But, on that note, it too was a black glue. I'm thinking these black glues are probably all the same, might even come from a single supplier and just relabeled.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
No need sneaky. I use Hit's and just use the enclosed epoxy or gorilla glue them. I put some of the Hit's in with the cool melt and that is a major PITA.
I will say that the Cool Blue blue was great for nock bushings though

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

They were 300 spine Axis with aluminum HITs, coming out of an 80lb Nitrum 34. That was the rule, not the exception with them. I watched him break a ton of arrows like that. Lots of times they would barely splinter just behind the tip, and he wouldn't dare use them again. Maybe the broadhead adapter ring would have helped, or a VPA footer.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
They were 300 spine Axis with aluminum HITs, coming out of an 80lb Nitrum 34. That was the rule, not the exception with them. I watched him break a ton of arrows like that. Lots of times they would barely splinter just behind the tip, and he wouldn't dare use them again. Maybe the broadhead adapter ring would have helped, or a VPA footer.

Like everything else in this world, I have no idea why stuff fails for one person and not another in similar situations with similar equipment/energies etc. I will say that I had a GT Kinetic XT 200 completely umbrella on me after hitting a rock under the surface of the ground, but that was with one of their outserts, not a HIT. And of course, these Kinetics are some of the most fragile arrows I've shot. The BAR's are supposed to help with the tips, but since I've never had any issues without them.....I've never even tried them.

I shot a grouse once sitting on a branch and buried the judo point and arrow 3" into the tree. The grouse was hanging.......skewered on the arrow. I dug and dug trying to get that arrow out, but eventually was able to just unscrew it from the point. And it came out perfectly fine....minus the point. I've done the same shooting at rabbits in the yard and burying the arrows in 6x6 treated timbers. Then I drill around them with a large bit and eventually can pull the arrows out with the judo's attached.......arrows come out fine.

One possible explanation could be that any arrow not flying and hitting perfectly straight will put a lot more force on the side of the tips of the shafts, thereby cracking or breaking them.

I shoot the Goldtip pierces. I use Goldtips halfoutsert system. I have had great luck. I have bent a few on really hard hits in 3-d targets. But I just can pull the insert out and replace. I really like the 4mm size skinny arrows. And don’t like deep 6 heads.

On a side note. There’s a company on eBay maybe called Elite archery I think. They offer a steel outsert for skinny arrows. I bought some to check out. They are top notch machining and being steel would really have to take a hard hit to bend. They were too heavy for my current setup so I’m not using them

OP
mfllood3800
Its gonna be hard for me to fall out of love with the BEA X impacts
Id be curious to know how these spin up

.165 ADJUSTABLE OUTSERT SYSTEM, .245 SLEEVE, 12 PK

– ethicsarchery.com

these would work on the BEA X impacts for those of you running this shaft
Its a lot of weight up front, But I could go back to 100 gr tips

Another nice option to try
Thx Justin

I’ve been following this thread because I’m interested in switching from a .246 shaft to a .166 (Gold Tips) but had concerns about component/arrow durability. These steel outserts seem to be the ticket, particularly since I’d rather keep a 100-grain head because the selection is virtually unlimited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
mfllood3800
I’ve been following this thread because I’m interested in switching from a .246 shaft to a .166 (Gold Tips) but had concerns about component/arrow durability. These steel outserts seem to be the ticket, particularly since I’d rather keep a 100-grain head because the selection is virtually unlimited.

Yes one of the valid complaints on these skinnys was the component availability.
Not a lot of choices, well not a lot of good quality choices.
Perhaps that is changing.

I don't know I want the steel set up, man it is heavy
lightest possible set up is 120 up front then add your broad head, like a 100 gr and then you're at 220

I'm currently at 210 so its not too far off.

If I went with the Alumn I question the stiffness for bending, creating a problem I don't currently have with my SS outs.

For me personally its the steel set up they offer or sticking with my SS outserts.

But at least there is an option

I agree with Justin above. My system is a bit different though, Easton Injexion 330s with Firenock Outserts, combined with the deep-6 insert at the stock location to add 20 grains of weight and reinforce the shaft. I'm getting excellent durability over the 5 seasons I've shot them. Putting the outserts on with Bohning Hotmelt allows me to rotate the outsert for perfect head/point alignment....and replacement of an outsert if one gets bent....I think one or two over the 5 years in my case, as I remember on the Judo point arrow in the rocks. (I do not like D-6 threaded broadheads and refuse to use them with the reduced section compared to 8-32 standard threaded heads). I am only shooting 60--65# bows at 29" draw so I'm not pushing them as hard or fast as some posters.

The system has worked well with three Coues bucks, Blacktail, Whitetail, Canada Moose, Black bear, Alaskan Brown bear, Polar bear, Dall sheep and a Stone sheep to date.

OP
mfllood3800
I agree with Justin above. My system is a bit different though, Easton Injexion 330s with Firenock Outserts, combined with the deep-6 insert at the stock location to add 20 grains of weight and reinforce the shaft. I'm getting excellent durability over the 5 seasons I've shot them. Putting the outserts on with Bohning Hotmelt allows me to rotate the outsert for perfect head/point alignment....and replacement of an outsert if one gets bent....I think one or two over the 5 years in my case, as I remember on the Judo point arrow in the rocks. (I do not like D-6 threaded broadheads and refuse to use them with the reduced section compared to 8-32 standard threaded heads). I am only shooting 60--65# bows at 29" draw so I'm not pushing them as hard or fast as some posters.

The system has worked well with three Coues bucks, Blacktail, Whitetail, Canada Moose, Black bear, Alaskan Brown bear, Polar bear, Dall sheep and a Stone sheep to date.

Glad to hear it
I was wondering why all the negativity against these, when I was having great results.
I scratched my head a lot.
Oh well.

Seems technology has changed for the better with some things.

I really like the ethics archery system
I'm going to implement the steel set up into my stuff and see where my FOC ends up, and how stuff groups at distance.
Fortunately for me I already run the 250 spine.

I don't know I want the steel set up, man it is heavy
lightest possible set up is 120 up front then add your broad head, like a 100 gr and then you're at 220

I'm currently at 210 so its not too far off.

I think one could go a little lower by using aluminum outsert and steel collar. I may go with the Gold Tip .166 outsert (their FACT system is a more adjustable) and the Ethics steel collar as long as the brands’ components can be mixed and matched.