What's The Best Back Tension Release To Begin With?

I've been shooting a 4 finger thumb button for a few years now. My archery has gotten to the point where I want to achieve a real shot (without having to manipulate a trigger). No matter what I try there's just no getting around the dam trigger. I've been looking around, listening to some Alpha Bowhunting Videos, and have always paid attention to Snyder's guidance on back tension and hinge releases. I want to begin using a realise that will break the shot off tension. I cannot - for the life of me figure out which release is a good one to start with. Help!!!!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
I can't speak for the resistance releases. I shoot their hinge and thumb releases. They make very good releases. Based on their quality I can't imagine it wouldn't engage easily.

OP
bguitierez
Silverback or Evolution. Can't be beat.
Silverback out of stock, looks pretty similar to the Evolution. Is there a big difference in the two? I've followed Dudley for a while. I know he harps on his release aids. I am sure for good reason.

big44a4

WKR
Those releases operate as pull throughs? Are there adjustments a pain? I'll look at these. Thanks man.

Yes just by pulling through. Easy to adjust and get setup. Evolution is the same as SB but Sb is 2 finger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vaeVictis

FNG
Silverback out of stock, looks pretty similar to the Evolution. Is there a big difference in the two? I've followed Dudley for a while. I know he harps on his release aids. I am sure for good reason.

Two vs Three fingers. Really it's just a matter of personal preference.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I tried the evolution. I wasn’t a huge fan but I think it’s mostly because I use limb stops and struggled to get a consistent starting point to pull into the back wall. I switched to a hinge and at least for me, I like it. I tried the truefire sear.

OP
bguitierez
I tried the evolution. I wasn’t a huge fan but I think it’s mostly because I use limb stops and struggled to get a consistent starting point to pull into the back wall. I switched to a hinge and at least for me, I like it. I tried the truefire sear.
I tried using a sear hinge type release and I'll admit I was all thumbs! Just pulled the trigger and the Stan Element. Thank you for your input bro. You're a better man than me haha. can t figure those hinge releases out.

corylee4870

Lil-Rokslider
I like a resistance release because there is no way to manipulate it with your hand like a hinge or trigger. I use a Stan Perfex. It’s really easy to adjust. It just has a set screw. Turn it right to increase the resistance. Left to decrease.

I also shoot a Carter Like Mike. I shoot it the exact same way. I wrap my finger around the trigger with the trigger sitting in the second knuckle and pull my elbow straight back. Luckily, my peep lines up with both releases.

OP
bguitierez
I like a resistance release because there is no way to manipulate it with your hand like a hinge or trigger. I use a Stan Perfex. It’s really easy to adjust. It just has a set screw. Turn it right to increase the resistance. Left to decrease.

I also shoot a Carter Like Mike. I shoot it the exact same way. I wrap my finger around the trigger with the trigger sitting in the second knuckle and pull my elbow straight back. Luckily, my peep lines up with both releases.

I'm about to find out how I do with a Stan release. can't wait.

Ucsdryder

WKR
With a resistance you can manipulate it just like anything else. For me when it wouldn’t fire I’d yank it like I was starting a damn lawn mower.