Looking to get a new bow

cambo0420

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys so I did a couple years bowhunting when I was 15-17 now 5 years later I'm looking to get a new bow. I was looking at Matthews halon 32 and the Hoyt carbon Turbo and Hoyt hyperforce but I am open to any bow suggestions. And also bow sights, arrow rests, releases, stabilizers arrows and broad head accessory suggestions. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

alaskanparret

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys so I did a couple years bowhunting when I was 15-17 now 5 years later I'm looking to get a new bow. I was looking at Matthews halon 32 and the Hoyt carbon Turbo and Hoyt hyperforce but I am open to any bow suggestions. And also bow sights, arrow rests, releases, stabilizers arrows and broad head accessory suggestions. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

What are you hunting and why type of hunting? Spot and stalk or treestand?

I have a Hoyt Nitrum 34 and love it.

My buddy bought the Halon and still shoots his older bow because he thinks the Halon is too heavy. It does feel heavy, but he’s a sheep hunter and weight matters to him.

The GF shoots the Eva Shockey bow by Bowtech and loves it. Really sweet bow.

Go down to your local bow shop and ask to shoot a few that you’re looking at.

Sights: Spot Hogg or Montana Black Gold

QAD dropaway rest

FMJ 4mm arrows here and love them.

It’s all a matter of opinion on these things these days. They’re all pretty dang good. A lot of personal preference in new bows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ddiwd33

Banned
Year in and year out, PSE’s latest model often turns out to be my favorite because it is always among the fastest, quietest and most accurate, but I admit this is based on subjective opinion and feel. To me, PSE’s new Evolve feels awesome, and that’s thanks mainly to the Evolve cam that features 80 and 90 percent let-off. Extreme let-off bows are nothing new, and in fact, are sometimes difficult to shoot well due to the unwillingness of the cams to actually roll over when the string is released. (Think of lock-time for a bow.) But PSE solved this by perfectly timing the cam and creating a short valley so when you squeeze the release, the cams roll and the arrow goes bye-bye.. So hunters get the luxury of holding 10-percent of the total draw weight, so you can hold it all day, or at least until that buck finally turns broadside. The bow is ultra-light at 4.1 pounds, features a hand-on riser grip that promotes accuracy, but yet it is still smoking fast at a claimed 346 fps. In my hands the 31-inch Evolve is compact, accurate, and as quiet as the swish of a cat’s tail at midnight. MSRP: $949

WJS23

WKR
Both me and the wife shoot primes now for the past 4 seasons now and they are the best shooting bows that we have had and are both pulling more weight then with our Hoyt’s that we had. I think the Hoyt carbon bows are wicked over rated, I fell for the, well if all the guys I see on the shows and magazines are shooting them they must be the best! And never shot anything else till a few years ago and show all the flagship bows I could get my hands on. Just my two cents I would recommend you go shoot a bunch and see what you like

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
Agree with WJS23.

I have shot Hoyts for many years for both target and hunting. This year I had a chance to shoot every manufacturers bows side by side at the same time. I put all preconcieved feelings aside and tried to give every bow the benefit of the doubt. With that being said, it was a close tie between Elite and Prime. This surprised me because i had never considered these before. Ultimately, you cant beat how rock solid the Prime bows are with the parralel cam system. I settled on the Prime Centergy Hybrid and it is a freakin tack driver.

I suggest shooting all of the bows from all companies before making a choice.

Loebs

Lil-Rokslider
I had shot a Hoyt for years and switched to a Halon 32 this year. I really like it so far. I have a 30 inch draw so a 32 inch axle to axle bow is about as short as I can go and still have a manageable string angle. There are so many good bows from each manfacture that it is hard to pick a bad one honestly. Try and shoot as many different ones without too much regard to who makes it. When you shoot the "right one" you'll know.

My bow may be heavy by some people's standards with a back bar, but it is very stable and frankly will shoot better than I can. I have a black gold single pin slider, qad rest, and shoot black eagle arrows. For me it all works together very well. I really like the black gold sights, they are well made, solid, and have bright pins. Just remember great equipment with bad tuning is worse than cheap off the shelf equipment. I had set up my first hoyt, a charger and tuned it to the best of my ability. I could out shoot friends with bows costing 3 to 4 times as much.
905e4f090889476b37fec33eab3113b6.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Morrid7

FNG
What others have said...With an open mind, try as many different bows as you can, including short to long a2a. Pick the one that feels best to you. You’ll be or become accurate with a good feeling bow. I’m an Elite Energy 35 convert, but I’ve had some Mathews bows that were great too.

Site: Spot Hogg hogg-it or fast Eddie xl

Stabilizer: go long and don’t worry about what other hunters say!

Arrows: gold tip pierce platinum with 10-20 grains of added weight behind insert.

Broadheads: I won’t start that thread :) personal preference

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk