Looking to get a new bow

cambo0420

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys so I did a couple years bowhunting when I was 15-17 now 5 years later I'm looking to get a new bow. I was looking at Matthews halon 32 and the Hoyt carbon Turbo and Hoyt hyperforce but I am open to any bow suggestions. And also bow sights, arrow rests, releases, stabilizers arrows and broad head accessory suggestions. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

jmez

WKR
Go out and shoot some bows and see what you like. They all have a different feel to them. All of the major brands make good bows, you can't really go wrong. I'd stay away from any Turbo or speed models. The burners aren't as forgiving to shoot. Having been out of archery for a while they won't be your best option.

Good advice above, you'll be better off with a more forgiving bow. Don't get sucked into the speed rules club just yet. Also find a shop that has a helpfull staff and good customer service and support, that will be important for you starting out. If you have the budget for it i think getting into top of the line equipment is a good way to start. If you start off with cheaper stuff it seems like your all ways wanting to upgrade but if you start with top notch stuff it will last you a while.

young7.3

WKR
I have a mint carbon defiant 34 in all black for sale in the classifieds. It's a nice shooting bow.

I just set up a halon 32 for a friend very nice bow, fast and easy to shoot. The rx1 is also very nice. Just a thought, both bows are in the 340 ibo. My friend's halon 32 is set at 61 pounds maxed out with a 430 grain arrow he is getting 281 fps at this weight the bow is super easy to draw hold and shoot. If you are just getting back in your two choices are good and you could go lower weight and work on your form and still have more than enough bow to do the job.

Good luck with your choice

Ucsdryder

WKR
Shoot every bow you can. I shot top end bows from Pse, mathews, Hoyt, bowtech and prime this year. I ended up with a prime centergy hybrid. I liked the pse Carbon a lot as well but man that prime is a shooter.

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
All great advice so far. I would recommend if you do go shoot several different makes and models, do it over several days. The last bow you shoot may not be given justice due to being tired and might be a great bow. I haven't shot every bow manufacturer out there but if I did move away from Mathews, it would be to Bowtech because they (the ones I shot, not the high speed ones) were sweet shooting bows. But they all have great attributes and it does come down to personal preferences, tradeoffs, and whether it looks good to you because you are the one spending the money on it and need to like the way it looks. Good luck.

RyanCmns

WKR
Shoot every bow you can. I shot top end bows from Pse, mathews, Hoyt, bowtech and prime this year. I ended up with a prime centergy hybrid. I liked the pse Carbon a lot as well but man that prime is a shooter.
Exactly I waited a month for the new elites to come in stock "shot a impulse 34 a few years back and it left a good impression" after shooting everything the 3 I came down to was a realm x, rx1, and ritual. I went with the ritual not the fastest but i love the way it holds. Just personal preference! Another piece of advice is make sure every bow you shoot is set at the same weight a 60# draw always feels better than a 70!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk