home made archery targets

My 13 year son and I have been making these home made box targets the last couple years. It has been a great project for us as a father & son and a little hunting money in our pockets.

Attachments

• 4ft archery target.JPG
    4ft archery target.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 137
  • archery target 1.JPG
    archery target 1.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 124
  • archery target 2.JPG
    archery target 2.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 118
  • archery target 3.JPG
    archery target 3.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 113
  • archery target 4.JPG
    archery target 4.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 101

amp713

WKR
How are you building them??? I'm about to shoot out 2 more targets myself and the wife is just getting into shooting and I hope to start my kids as soon as they are able.... may need a good target trick ha

OP
Bowhunter65
any scrap plywood or OSB, 2"X 2", drywall screws, 1 1/2" and 3 1/2", plastic shrink wrap 6 large garbages to fill a 3'x3'x24" box and a old thick hay tarp on each side with a thick Costco in front of that on both side. What also works good behind the tarps is old commercial rubber roofing.

I get the shrink wrap from my works shipping & materials department and stores around Kalispell. The 3’x3’x24” inch box takes 6 large leaf garbage bags to fill the box and that is super tight.

Last edited:
OP
Bowhunter65
here are a couple more photos of a bigger target I have out back of my house.

Attachments

• archery target 10.JPG
    archery target 10.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 79
  • archery target 15.jpg
    archery target 15.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 80
How are you building them??? I'm about to shoot out 2 more targets myself and the wife is just getting into shooting and I hope to start my kids as soon as they are able.... may need a good target trick ha

I buy target faces from thirdhandarchery. My target is 3'x3'x1', and my frame is made out of 2"x12"s. I then fill it with old clothes (takes a while to collect that much!) and stuff it tight. Sorry I don't have any pics right now.

Good looking targets bowhunter65!

I buy target faces from thirdhandarchery. My target is 3'x3'x1', and my frame is made out of 2"x12"s. I then fill it with old clothes (takes a while to collect that much!) and stuff it tight. Sorry I don't have any pics right now.

Good looking targets bowhunter65!

I think I've finally gotten my clothes pile large enough.... Do you go through and remove all the buttons and such?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I've finally gotten my clothes pile large enough.... Do you go through and remove all the buttons and such?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't remember if I worried about plastic shirt buttons, but I definitely removed the metal button from jeans closures and I think I cut the zippers out too.

And the tighter you can stuff it, the better!

OP
Bowhunter65
Finished another 4'x4'x24" target today, I have 4 of these going to a archery shop.

Attachments

• t1.JPG
    t1.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 58
  • t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 53
OP
Bowhunter65
finished another4'x4'x24" target for a old high school buddy, it is heading to Lewistown, Montana.

Attachments

• archery target 25.jpg
    archery target 25.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 23
  • archery target 20.jpg
    archery target 20.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 20