Rest

codym

WKR
Hello, I just bought a new bow this year and I'm starting to look at rests. I have a QAD ultrarest on my last bow and I haven't been real happy with it over the last year. The arrow can bounce on the draw at times. I've also had the rest fall down when in the up position several times when stalking. I'm seriously considering a whisker biscuit even though I'm sure it will cost me speed. Any other suggestions? I hunt out west so it's almost always spot and stalk or calling bulls in if that matters to anyone.

I am a fan of limb driven rests. I own a hamskea hybrib hunter pro microtune and a trophy taker smackdown pro, both are good and mostly problem free after you pre stretch the activation cord and make sure everything is tight.

If you prefer a cable driven rest I absolutely love the AAE DOA arrow rest. No bounce, you have to cock the launcher but when you do, you can let down and the launcher will stay up. This rest has been the most consistant rest I have ever owned and I bought it used. The timing is fairly simple but not as simple as the QAD, takes maybe two more minutes.
Hello, I just bought a new bow this year and I'm starting to look at rests. I have a QAD ultrarest on my last bow and I haven't been real happy with it over the last year. The arrow can bounce on the draw at times. I've also had the rest fall down when in the up position several times when stalking. I'm seriously considering a whisker biscuit even though I'm sure it will cost me speed. Any other suggestions? I hunt out west so it's almost always spot and stalk or calling bulls in if that matters to anyone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

OP
C

codym

WKR
I have been hearing good things about the limb driven rests, I will look more into them.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I’ve shot hamskea and smackdown pro micro click. I like them both very much. The hamskea is a little more heavy duty with the sealed bearings.

Thess87

WKR
I shot a biscuit for years pretty much fail proof. That being said I just switched my wife and i’s over to a qad just for something different and a biscuit will s if your veins up. Doesn’t hurt them just don’t look good lol. I’m a fan of a rest that will lock up until shot. Less bouncing around for your arrow to do when still hunting or stalking.

First, if the arrow is bouncing at the draw cycle , it could be that the arrow nock is super tight on the string?
Or even pinching at nocking points or D Loop knots?

I have had a couple QADS, still have one on my back up, and never had an issue.

I installed a new Hamskea on my primary to try it out, and really like the limb driven rests.
IMO both the QAD and limb driven are easy to tune.

I hunted early (years ago) with a whisker- it will work.
But I really like the drop aways.
What ever you decide, make sure you are comfortable and confident in it and go enjoy the out doors.