Carter releases

Advantages/disadvantages between the lucky and like mike wrist releases?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I shot the Lucky for a couple years. Only issue I ever had was when it got dirty the trigger wouldn’t release right away. I would squeeze it and nothing would happen until I was letting down, then it would go off. I cleaned the hell out of it, soaking in the sink. Never had a problem since. I love Carters. Just wanted to pitch that in.

ckleeves

WKR
I had a Like Mike cost me a 200” Muley a few years back. Release wouldn’t fire due to the magnets picking up tiny pieces of grit on the stalk. Sold it and never looked back. Went back to my trusty Scott.

Like Mike is an awesome release - very crisp for an index and works great for back tension style- 0 travel. The newer Mike’s don’t have magnets.

ddenney

FNG
I have the just b cuz. I love it. Thinking about trying the wise choice or the Nock 2 it

JLH208

WKR
Can’t speak on the Carter index releases but it’s gotta be hard to beat a TruBall Fang with the heavy spring in

Gumbo

WKR
I had a Carter Like Mike and Quickie. They were both great but I really liked the Quickie because of the curved trigger and shorter head. Sold both though to shoot hand-helds, and I stuck with Carter.

I had the same problem as Jordan with the Carter Lucky. Mine locked up during a backpack hunt. Fortunately I had an old Scott Little Bitty Goose as a backup that saved the hunt. I blamed the lock-up on the magnets. Carter exchanged it for a Quickie+ and I have been very happy with it going on 5 years.

chasewild

WKR
They don't make it any longer, but I have the Carter Squeeze me. You can still find them on the internet. It's a tank of a release, but if you want a true back tension release that can't be released other than with back tension and still want the index, it's ideal. Never had a problem with it locking up or any such thing.