RX-1 Ultra Draw Weight

LDJ

FNG
I bought a Hoyt RX-1 Ultra this year with 80 lb draw weight. Love the bow but Last week I put it on 2 different scales to check the draw weight and both are showing peak weight to be 76 lbs. I've always heard that Hoyts usually draw a little over advertised weight. It surprised me to be under by 4 lbs. Axle to axle is correct at 35". Is this normal?

OP
L

LDJ

FNG
Just checked the limb bolts and was able to get a quarter turn on them. That brought it up to 78. I would have thought they were bottomed out from the factory.

MattB

WKR
The drawing over isn't as much the case any more. What is the DL and ATA versus spec?

mine was at 78 as well, got it to 80 when I replaced the strings and cables and put everything into spec.

OP
L

LDJ

FNG
Thanks for the feed back. I will try some of these things an see if I can get it up a little more

Brendan

WKR
No.

JMez posted it above, but your buss cable is probably too short and needs to be twisted up to shorten. Equal twists in both legs - 8 max I think?

Brendan

WKR
Also - that affects cam timing. Would need to bring the draw weight up using the buss, and then add twists to the control to make sure draw stops hit at the same time.

I've done this on every Hoyt I've owned so far.