Custom Bowstrings on New bow

CBear44

FNG
Hello all,
I'm getting into the wonderful world of archery at the young age of 28 and currently saving up for my first compound bow and I had a question for y'all. Do y'all recommend putting custom bowstrings on when I initially buy my bow when they fit me for draw length, draw weight and peep sight height or wait until I've shot it a few times and have a feel for it? I'd like to keep the factory strings for back ups. For reference, I'm looking at getting a Bear Approach HC and building it out...
Thanks for the help and advice!

If you don’t have the bow yet I would use the factory Strings for this year then after the season switch Strings. Trying to learn how to shoot and getting broadheads flying and adding two strings into the mix is a lot before Archery seasons will be here.

unless the quality of bears strings have improved on their lower cost models you may end up needing to change them out anyways. my first bow was a single cam bear and i fought peep rotation constantly until i changed strings. there's a reason they put tubed peep sights on those bows.

Trial153

WKR
The truth of matter is a lot of of are snobs, we change perfectly serviceable strings for no other reason then we want.

I generally replace all facrory strings preety quick. I shoot them in tune thw bow and build a set to the new specs that I want. Sometimes that to factory specs and sometimes i change them a bit.

The truth is some companies have preety good factory strings, New Breed, Elite come to mind as being decent. Hoyt used to suck but the last few years they improved greatly. Matthews are terrible, Pse is hit or miss. Bowtech tend to be ok as well.

Wellsdw

WKR
A String on that line of bear should be solid for at least a Year maybe longer. I shoot a bear arena and didn’t have a bit of trouble with it after a couple twists In the cables once it had 150-200 shots thoughit. Which is standard. All stings “custom” or not usually need a little something after install. Especially on a hybrid cam. Enjoy your bear. Customer service is great too, in the rare event there is a issue