Spot Hogg fast eddie vs Black gold Pure Adrenaline

Hunthigh1

WKR
Has anyone shot both of these sights?
I have a Black gold Pure adrenaline on my bow and i absolutely love it. . . BUT

When hunting season comes around I kind of feel like i have to baby it a little. I'm always stressed i will bend or break it or tweak it. This may be completely unwarranted as i have never had a problem and it is a truly great sight with beautiful machining. There are soooo many screws and it sticks out so darn far.

I have been thinking of trying a fast eddie or similar. Any advice from folks who have shot both, or have a side by side comparison would be awesome. Does the fast eddie sit closer to the bow?

Ive never shot or handled a fast eddie or any spot hogg slider. . .

Thanks.

TBarron

WKR
I’ve used both MBG Ascent and a Fast Eddie and prefer the fast Eddie. It does sit closer to the bow and MRT ring seems to be more optically pleasing. I took my fast Eddie to Alaska last year and put it through absolute hell and had no issues. They are slightly heavier but truly are bullet proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outwest

WKR
I cant speak to Spot Hogg sliders, as I have only used the fixed pin versions of their sights.

I can however speak to the durability of Black Gold. I have been shooting the old ascent model for the past 4 seasons or so and I have yet to have an issue with durability. It has some wear but is still rock solid.

LDJ

FNG
I have both and I prefer the Black Gold for 2 reasons. 1st I have a hard time seeing the level on the Spot Hogg. Seems like it doesn't get enough light to it. I have to deliberately look for it. With the Black Gold I can see it with my peripheral vision very easy. The other reason is the brightness of the pins. I think there is a huge difference in how much brighter the Black Gold pins are. As far as having to baby it I'm that way about all my sights. I don't want test the durability of my sight if I don't have to. But, I don't feel like the Spot Hogg is any stronger.

OP
H

Hunthigh1

WKR
Looks like I will stick with my black gold slider for this season. I will try to find someone at the northwest mountain challenge this year with a fast eddie I can check out.

Any fast Eddie guys headed to the Stevens pass shoot? Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
I can't speak to the Fast Eddie but I have the Tommy Hogg which looks to be similar and love it. I've had the sight for 5 years with no issue. They are built like a tank.