Release to release

92xj

WKR
I bought a Carter just b cuz a few weeks ago and have been shooting with it 25 shots every evening since.
Tonight I decided to put the wrist strap caliper release on to take a few shots. The wrist release hit consistently 4 inches left. Great groups.
Does the twisting of the string using the thimb release cause this?
There has to be some difference as the wrist strap release has no rotation on the dloop when under tension were the thumb release rotates when drawn.

I would say it’s your anchor combined with the release jaw position creating left/right difference. I even get a difference between a 2 Smooth and wise choice. Sometimes I’m right on though so I know it’s something with how I grip and hold the two and anchor

Ucsdryder

WKR
When I shoot a thumb or hinge I cant anchor the same as a wrist. I think that’s probablh your issue.

When I shoot a thumb or hinge I cant anchor the same as a wrist. I think that’s probablh your issue.

My experience also.

Variation on that same issue: I found that putting on a heavy glove in the winter affects p.o.i. right or left (don't remember which) because the release is farther from my face.

xcutter

WKR
I see the same thing when I switch releases sometimes. What I've noticed is how I release the arrow makes the difference. So when I'm shooting a hinge or thumb release I'm pulling more into the cams then when I'm shooting a wrist strap. This gives me a difference in left or right impact. A wrist strap goes off much easier in my opinion so it requires less force of me pulling into the cams when shooting back tension. Hope this makes sense.

I've had the same thing going from a caliper to a hook. Both trufire, both with wrist straps.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
92xj

92xj

WKR
I totally get the anchor point being different and agree that will throw things off.
Let's pretend that it's magically the same for a little more discussion; does the thumb release twisting of the dloop effect the arrow flight by rotating the string at the dloop in a negative way than the wrist strap double caliber release that pulls straight?

Blackcow

WKR
Yes, it can induce torque into the string. If your d loop knots are opposed, top left of string to bottom right for RH, and your loop is the correct length, it shouldn't though. I can get away with a shorter loop with a wrist caliper than a thumb.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you use a very small loop it can create some torque. Bigger loops won’t as much. Also using BCY #23 will virtually eliminate any string torque as #24 or the really stiff D loop material has very little flex.

Brendan

WKR
I have a whole bunch of releases. 3 Carter / Nock On's that are 2 finger hand held - Thumb, Tension and Hinge. Carter RX1 Wrist. Hamskea Drop Tine Wrist. Scott Longhorn Hex Wrist / BT. All of them hit the same for me, but I do use a loop that's long enough and flexible like Doug said just above, and I anchor such that my peep height doesn't need to change at all release to release. I also don't bury the string into my face when I anchor, just enough to be solid.

Glad that works for me - keeps me honest by constantly switching it up.

Trial153

WKR
I can switch back and forth without noticing a change. Right now I am shooting a Truball blade and carter rx1

BKhunter

WKR
I have noticed a difference also when I go to the thumb trigger from the wrist strap. I do however like the thumb and hinge better I feel my anchor is more consistent.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
If your releases change your point of impact, it is anchor point moving. It doesn’t take much to change your impact point. Loop torque is negligible in comparison.

weedwacker42

Lil-Rokslider
I had that issue shooting the Just B Cuz and the Chocolate addiction. CA was forward hook, the JBC is reverse. Felt like I had to choose one or the other and went with the JBC. Then for a wrist release i got the Rx2 which is also a reverse hook. I just tried to set the length of the wrist release to match the JBC anchor point and have them hitting the same now.