Bitz upgrade.... anyone run into problems?

Neverenoughhntn

Lil-Rokslider
Received the upgrade for the bitz the other day and decided to try and fletch up some x-impacts... anyways, when I pushed the shaft onto the proper insert, it put a hairline fracture in the shaft... needless to say, I stopped after that first shaft. I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem? ... Should I just take some sand paper to the insert, or just continue to use the bitz without the upgrade... other ideas?

Thanks!

Grunt-N-Gobble

Lil-Rokslider
Seriously........ How hard are you pushing the shaft onto the insert? The shaft shouldnt be bottoming out on the insert.

Ive had the upgrade for a number of years and never had that happen.

OP
N

Neverenoughhntn

Lil-Rokslider
Appreciate the feed back.... ya, I assumed they were supposed to bottom out on the insert. (Made sense to me in regards to consistency)

Grunt-N-Gobble

Lil-Rokslider
Appreciate the feed back.... ya, I assumed they were supposed to bottom out on the insert. (Made sense to me in regards to consistency)

Good thing you asked then. That insert is tapered and you just push down enough so its snug then go about fletching. I will mark my clamp where i want the back of the vane set as well. I think youll like the consistency.