Arrow Wraps?

LDJ

FNG
I always used FMJ arrows and removing fletching was always easy. Now that I've switched to carbon I am finding out why arrow wraps are so popular.

Question

Are they one size fits all? I'm not finding size specific.

I'm using 5mm Axis. If the wraps are too big do they just overlap?

I assume you try to avoid the overlap or seam with fletching. With a helical vane this may be hard to do. Any experience with vanes going across the splice? advice?

Thanks

92xj

WKR
You want to order "small carbon" for those shafts. Do not get "XS carbon" or "carbon".

This should help

https://onestringer.com/easton-archery/

Try to find the size that best fits your arrow and fletch away. I personally dont care about the seam, I have never found that it affects arrow flight.
I always used FMJ arrows and removing fletching was always easy. Now that I've switched to carbon I am finding out why arrow wraps are so popular.

Question

Are they one size fits all? I'm not finding size specific.

I'm using 5mm Axis. If the wraps are too big do they just overlap?

I assume you try to avoid the overlap or seam with fletching. With a helical vane this may be hard to do. Any experience with vanes going across the splice? advice?

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
I just use full size, 7" wraps. Cut them in half and get double the amount. No issues with overlap or helical overlapping the seam.

If I order them again, I'll look for the 1" / small carbon wraps, but each one of my cut wraps only weighs 5-6 grains as is so not super worried about it.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I haven't found that wraps make removing vanes easier. Actually, it seems harder to me with wraps. Anyway, I'm done with wraps. They just didn't offer me anything useful. You never know until you try, though.

FWIW, I didn't find using them to be overly difficult. I ordered the Blazer wraps and never had an issue with them as far as their fitment. I never paid any attention to the seam and didn't notice any issues.

I haven't found that wraps make removing vanes easier. Actually, it seems harder to me with wraps. Anyway, I'm done with wraps. They just didn't offer me anything useful. You never know until you try, though.

FWIW, I didn't find using them to be overly difficult. I ordered the Blazer wraps and never had an issue with them as far as their fitment. I never paid any attention to the seam and didn't notice any issues.

it not so much getting the vanes off that's the problem, it's trying to clean the glue off of the shafts that I hate. i wrap all of mine and if i bust a fletch off or they get too wrinkled i just cut the whole thing off and redo them. i've never replaced just a single vane. i take a dull knife and can have the wrap and vanes off in a minute.

i'll second the onestringer suggestion. i like a 5" long wrap so i buy his 10" wraps and cut them in half.

Brendan

WKR
Agree with some of the comments above. I can remove the vanes, all remnants of the wrap in about 30 seconds and have a shaft that looks like new. Makes it much easier for me to re-fletch, otherwise I wouldn't use them because I prefer more FOC.

I use a razor blade held super flat to the shaft - it slices off the wrap without putting so much as a nick in the shafts. Keep rotating the shaft around taking a sliver off at a time and then a quick cleaning of the shaft with goo-gone or acetone.

What if the wraps don't overlap or touch for that matter? I put my wraps on and I have gap of a 1/16" or less. Will this affect anything?

hayesplow

Lil-Rokslider
I use very bright wraps and wouldn't shoot a hunting arrow without them. It makes it so easy to find the arrow, even under leaves.

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
You could also try some boiling water to remove them.

I don't personally use them, but maybe on my next set of arrows. Seems like added cost though.