Finally got it!

I know it's probably not a big deal (keep in mind only have my old lady to tell this too in person).

I GOT MY BROADHEADS TO HIT THE DOT!

Man I'm still a rookie after 5 years haha

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

OP
bguitierez
Yeah dude...Ive been running expendables for four years. As every year has passed I learn a little more technical skill, but have not been confident enough to put it all together with a fixed blade. Just glad I'm finally getting there haha.
Nice. Pretty satisfying when you get everything hitting together!

OP
bguitierez
From what range, and where are your FP's hitting?:)
Haha Spot for spot. There's definitely a little twerking I'll need to do past 40 to micro tweek it. That said I ain't to crazy about slinging a 3 blade fixed past 50. At least not with my experience level right now. I'll sling an expandable quite a way further. But can t use them in OR sooooo.

Beendare

WKR
Congrats.

So let me ask you;
Don't you feel a lot more confident now?

Doesn't your bow feel just a little smoother, quieter and easier to shoot accurately?

And bad shots...shots you knew felt wrong on release....weren't as bad as you thought with a tuned bow?

NOW you see why the experienced guys all say this is a must.

OP
bguitierez
That's exactly how I feel about it. Loving the results. Glad I had to go through the trial and error of being a beginner to where I am now (intermediate). It's just awesome to know my BH won't fail and it hits where I'm aiming. The last going on 5 years really showed me the benefits. Loving it right now. You're right confidence is good with a tuned bow. This year I built my own arrows. It was cool to see if my arrows would perform and they did!
Congrats.

So let me ask you;
Don't you feel a lot more confident now?

Doesn't your bow feel just a little smoother, quieter and easier to shoot accurately?

And bad shots...shots you knew felt wrong on release....weren't as bad as you thought with a tuned bow?

NOW you see why the experienced guys all say this is a must.

Last edited:

BradNSW

FNG
Bravo...it's a good feeling and will add greatly to your confidence when hunting. Now start working to build your confidence at longer distances!

Big benefit is the wear and tear on your targets from shooting broadheads! Now I only shoot a few BH's every 3-4 weeks to ensure me/bow are still dialed in. Targets last 2-3 times longer, not being chewed up by BH's.

Last edited:
OP
bguitierez
Thanks man, and yep confidence is feeling good. Honestly, The last few seasons I've been depending on longer range shots, i.e. last two seasons was a 63 yard kill and a 74 yard kill. I've set a goal of getting to 40 - 30 on big game this year. I'll still practice at longer ranges, and if need be (I know myself) I'll take a longer shit, but I want to get closer this year.

That said, thanks for the suggestion with targets. My block target is already pretty far gone, so gonna get a Rinehart BH target. I think I'll use your suggestion for sure.
Bravo...it's a good feeling and will add greatly to your confidence when hunting. Now start working to build your confidence at longer distances!

Big benefit is the wear and tear on your targets from shooting broadheads! Now I only shoot a few BH's every 3-4 weeks to ensure me/bow are still dialed in. Targets last 2-3 times longer, not being chewed up by BH's.

rcairney

FNG
What fixed BH are you using? I'm about to take the exact same journey. Getting a fletching jig this week, and I will begin going about a different arrow setup... with a lot heavier overall arrow and FOC. I'm considering a 200gr iron will up front and 3" 3 fletch or 4 fletch in the back, with a wrap.

So what did the trick for you. For my journey to achieve prefect BH flight, I tweak everything imaginable on my bow but still couldn't get it quite right. What did it for me was simply taking out the aluminum insert and put in a 75 grain brass insert, and just like that the broadheads flew spot on.