Bow Grip Tape

chasewild

WKR
After shooting most of my life with just the side plates on my grip, I've slowly but surely come to realize that if my hand is sweaty or otherwise wet, my grip placement is different and my shot suffers. I've never used grip tape, but I'm considering it now.

Anyone have thoughts on this and what tape you would use?

I had the exact same experience. Then I decided to try grip tape. I forget the brand, but it’s the .05” thickness kind used to wrap tennis racquets. I think it’s called Gamma. Man, it was a game changer. I love it! I was fearful it may cause too much torque but just the opposite is true. With side plates, it’s just the right thickness to fit in my hand with ease. I will never go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a strip or skateboard grip or step grip on the flat back then double wrap with athletic tape. Tried gamma and it worked well but I couldn’t feel as much for consistent placement

boom

WKR
this is counter intuitive!! really? adding grip reduces bow torque tendencies?

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would be sure to test your tape of choice with water as most of them become super slick. I thought the lizard skin stuff was great until it got wet and then it was terrible.

The best I have found for a wrap is the Wilson tennis tape in the thin version. It works well damp, but suffers once soaking wet.

The best stuff in rain or if it gets soaked is just athletic or hockey tape. That stuff has a slight amount of texture to it and it works wet. And it takes nothing to remove and replace as needed.