Oval peep for option sight

brocksw

WKR
I've seen a few smaller companies out here making oval shaped peeps...marketed as an increase in light not for housing shape.

Anyone found any of them or any thing else to work well with an option 8 sight housing? My round peep just seems to be hurting my cause on lateral down range accuracy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Autonamic

FNG
Curious about this as well. Ive been asking option for a while now. They hav been saying they’re making one but haven’t seen anything. Where have you found other oval p peeps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
Curious about this as well. Ive been asking option for a while now. They hav been saying they’re making one but haven’t seen anything. Where have you found other oval p peeps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CmOre peeps is the one I was looking at... I saw a couple more but cant remember the companies.

I called option today and they said they hope to have one out this year. In the mean time they said a lot of people are using a vice to shape a round one.

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
My money is that it's a proto from option archery.

What's the deal Tony?

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
The oval peeps I have are from Option Archery but they are the old version that is being replaced. I was told the same as you, that a new version is under works and will be out as soon as they can.
I am interested in the other companies that are making them? I wasn't aware of them...

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
Well I trashed a few peeps last weekend. Tried putting them in a vice and have some mixed results. Most of them broke/cracked. All the ones that didn't, ended up getting roughed up enough on the edges to the point where I don't really want to try putting them in my string with out sanding them smooth. So far it's been more difficult than I thought. Seems like I have better luck with 3/16 than I do with 1/4.

I haven't tried heating them up.. Mostly because I like red peeps and figured I'd strip the paint off by hitting them with heat like that. May have to try it and see if it yields better results.