Trophy Taker A-Tac

TravisIN

WKR
Does anyone know if they still make these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah they are remaking them. I’ve shot the new ones and they are just like the originals...maybe not quite as sharp though. However, these were just the first runs, a couple months ago. They are supposed to work on the sharpness before they release them. I’d still buy them though.

OP
TravisIN

TravisIN

WKR
Yeah they are remaking them. I’ve shot the new ones and they are just like the originals...maybe not quite as sharp though. However, these were just the first runs, a couple months ago. They are supposed to work on the sharpness before they release them. I’d still buy them though.

Thanks for info. I bought a pack off of AT just to try. Compared to all the other heads I’ve shot they are the most accurate far and away. I think it was your review of them on AT that made me consider giving them a shot. The main blade wasn’t very sharp out of the package, but the bleeders were good. What do you you use to sharpen yours.

Thanks for info. I bought a pack off of AT just to try. Compared to all the other heads I’ve shot they are the most accurate far and away. I think it was your review of them on AT that made me consider giving them a shot. The main blade wasn’t very sharp out of the package, but the bleeders were good. What do you you use to sharpen yours.

They’re certainly not the easiest blades to sharpen, but I do best with a small flat stone, like a KMT Diamond or a Spyderco stick. As long as you can follow that bevel you’re fine.

OP
TravisIN

TravisIN

WKR
They’re certainly not the easiest blades to sharpen, but I do best with a small flat stone, like a KMT Diamond or a Spyderco stick. As long as you can follow that bevel you’re fine.

I called them today and they said they’d be available August 1. I’m hoping they can work on the edges and get em sharper. They have the flight part down!

I called them today and they said they’d be available August 1. I’m hoping they can work on the edges and get em sharper. They have the flight part down!

Yeah, they sure do fly well. And they penetrate in animals quite well too.

OP
TravisIN

TravisIN

WKR
Yeah, they sure do fly well. And they penetrate in animals quite well too.

How were they as far as blood trails for you?

HookUp

WKR
I have two packs of ATAC originals with deep 6 inserts I would sell. Brand new in package, I did not realize they were deep 6's when I bought them, I have no deep 6 arrows

OP
TravisIN

TravisIN

WKR
Like any head; it’s all a matter of where you hit. But with a 1.87” total cut, which is the same as an Exodus, they’re better than many.

For sure. I’m not great at sharpening and so far haven’t been able to make the main blade as sharp as the bleeders. I think they are adequate though and they will be on my arrows for elk this year. I just came in from shooting them again and am still amazed. They outshot all of the heads I used to consider among the most accurate. Slick tricks, trocars, g5 strikers and ram cats. I saw on AT where you had a few videos of them in action on a couple animals but couldn’t seem to find em on youtube. You have any links? There are practically no videos or info out there on these heads.

For sure. I’m not great at sharpening and so far haven’t been able to make the main blade as sharp as the bleeders. I think they are adequate though and they will be on my arrows for elk this year. I just came in from shooting them again and am still amazed. They outshot all of the heads I used to consider among the most accurate. Slick tricks, trocars, g5 strikers and ram cats. I saw on AT where you had a few videos of them in action on a couple animals but couldn’t seem to find em on youtube. You have any links? There are practically no videos or info out there on these heads.

Yeah, that main blade is really thick so it won't come to as sharp of an edge as the super thin bevel of the bleeders. As for the vids, they are on my YouTube Channel: Lusk Archery Adventures. One was a goat at super long range and the other was a HUGE hog. Here are the links.

"INCREDIBLE SHOT" Wild Goat Bow Hunt - YouTube

"MASSIVE 700 lb HOG" Awesome Bow Shot! - YouTube