Valkyrie System

bates

WKR
I am 5 days into shooting the system. So far so good.

Shooting their Reign 300 spine arrows 4 fletched with their logo'd vanes. The regular 22g sleeves and 200g field and broadheads.

Had my serving split on my RX1 Ultra last week so I did a full tune and got a new sight tape dialed in with the Valkyries after everything was fixed and running smooth.

Field points and broadheads are hitting pretty damn close without much hassle.

Put some field points through some plywood to see what would happen. Points, sleeves, and arrows blasted through without a scratch.

I don't know if it's because I am shooting more this year than I have in the past 10 years but I will say that was the fastest I had a sight tape right and my broadheads hitting true. This is also my first go with the AAE vanes and I love the lower profile. I have always been a Blaser guy and these seem quieter and come through the rest really smooth.

Pretty happy so far, I'll shoot heavy this week and give an update.

Ten Bears what is your draw length, poundage and arrow length?

chuckq777

FNG
I’m also curious what you guys are shooting. I’m corsidering the 250 spine cut to 27”. 22gr sleeve and 200gr point. 20 gr fletch weight and I think the firenocks are 30gr ? Guess about 530 total arrow weight.

Elite Ritual 71.5 lbs 28 1/2 draw

bates

WKR
I’m also curious what you guys are shooting. I’m corsidering the 250 spine cut to 27”. 22gr sleeve and 200gr point. 20 gr fletch weight and I think the firenocks are 30gr ? Guess about 530 total arrow weight.

Elite Ritual 71.5 lbs 28 1/2 draw

Chuck that sounds right i want to say pulling 70lbs -- 175g heads with 300's is about as heavy as you can go

then 200 and up on the 250's

my sample kits shipped over the weekend so i be able to test soon...

chuckq777

FNG
Thanks. I was worried the weight being much further forward than usual insert weight would effect the shaft more.

And with 300 I would need so much point weight to get over 500grs it would be to much for the spine

So 250 seems like my only option

I’ll ordered on the first of the month

Thanks for ur time

TristanJH

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. I was worried the weight being much further forward than usual insert weight would effect the shaft more.

And with 300 I would need so much point weight to get over 500grs it would be to much for the spine

So 250 seems like my only option

I’ll ordered on the first of the month

Thanks for ur time

I spoke with Brent about this recently. You're absolutly right about being on the line, but he indicated that 300 spine with 200 grain tips (+22 for the aluminum sleeve) is viable at your length, but probably no longer. 300sp/200gn certianly offers the best in terms high FOC and great speed. I personally chose to spine up to 250 so I could run the 250 grain heads that I shoot in my stickbow if I ever found myself in a pinch or needing the extra mass.

Since you have similar draw numbers to my own, youd be welcome to check out this geekery. Being that they are pricey I had to run all the permutations so I could find a cheap(er) option that performs similarly so I can still shoot grouse and not hate myself when I lose an arrow.

Also consider that these will perform a bit better than their weight might suggest. The best analogy is a high BC bullet - the closest sight tape I could find for my 514 grain 250-spine 222 point-weight arrows is for a 289 fps arrow, but they're chronoing at 268.

All told, I'm convinced that these are the best arrows being made today. They're insanely durable and perform perfectly. I'd recommend ordering the test kit first just to see what your bow likes, then build your system accordingly.

Last edited:
Like most, been intrigued based off what I'm hearing and seeing....never cared too much about FOC (or speed for that matter). I shoot heavy arrows and eventually bought a test kit a month ago. However, I ordered their lightest setup of 160, 180, and 200gr practice tips.....which compared to my normal 560gr FMJs.....the weight was negligible and the FOC gained was mediocre at best...somewhere around 4-6% gained.

However, I also keep hearing until you get north of 20% FOC, you wont necessarily notice the difference? Could be a matter of opinion, not sure.

Here's what sold me:

I shot the TAC in San Antonio in early May and The 2 guys working the booth every day were great, very helpful. It was awesome getting to handle the different BHs and field points and they were eager to let us try any and all spine/BH weight combos. I cant tell you how nice it is to try something this expensive and subjective out b4 I bought any.

Sure enough, after a dozen trials of 3arrow groups....the 250spine with 250gr up front, putting my total weight at 568gr.....flew deathly quiet and being able to literally, grab an arrow pre-cut for my length, putting a certain grain practice tip on AT the booth, nocking it, and choosing a target off the TAC practice range....best case scenario for free testing.

Smart move on their part. When everyone would go pull arrows from the 20+ practice targets, it was crrrrrazy to see my 500gr 300spine fmjs getting solid penetration of 3-4inches into a brand new target...but then to pull the Valkyrie arrows I grouped with on the same target...sticking out the back. Again, new 3D targets and it happened on every arrow with the heavy FOC up front. We then got similar results with my wife, who's new to archery and shooting 45lbs, she too was having great arrow flight and group with almost complete target penetration.

Long story short, I've committed to try them out. Will report back with more testing feedback once I get them built.

75lb Vertix
27.5 draw
250gr valkyrie BH
250spine reigns (might go with BE impacts, slightly lighter)
FOC 21.8%
f8f29348f035708da8f26749918ff1ea.jpg
bea9fce830262c5d03ccb5c8ad5d9a67.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Spiegel

FNG
Man you guys are making me want to try heavier target tips. 81lbs RX3 shooting 27.5in arrows using the SS 56gr sleeve and 180gr tips.

FlyGuy

WKR
Like most, been intrigued based off what I'm hearing and seeing....never cared too much about FOC (or speed for that matter). I shoot heavy arrows and eventually bought a test kit a month ago. However, I ordered their lightest setup of 160, 180, and 200gr practice tips.....which compared to my normal 560gr FMJs.....the weight was negligible and the FOC gained was mediocre at best...somewhere around 4-6% gained.

However, I also keep hearing until you get north of 20% FOC, you wont necessarily notice the difference? Could be a matter of opinion, not sure.

Here's what sold me:

I shot the TAC in San Antonio in early May and The 2 guys working the booth every day were great, very helpful. It was awesome getting to handle the different BHs and field points and they were eager to let us try any and all spine/BH weight combos. I cant tell you how nice it is to try something this expensive and subjective out b4 I bought any.

Sure enough, after a dozen trials of 3arrow groups....the 250spine with 250gr up front, putting my total weight at 568gr.....flew deathly quiet and being able to literally, grab an arrow pre-cut for my length, putting a certain grain practice tip on AT the booth, nocking it, and choosing a target off the TAC practice range....best case scenario for free testing.

Smart move on their part. When everyone would go pull arrows from the 20+ practice targets, it was crrrrrazy to see my 500gr 300spine fmjs getting solid penetration of 3-4inches into a brand new target...but then to pull the Valkyrie arrows I grouped with on the same target...sticking out the back. Again, new 3D targets and it happened on every arrow with the heavy FOC up front. We then got similar results with my wife, who's new to archery and shooting 45lbs, she too was having great arrow flight and group with almost complete target penetration.

Long story short, I've committed to try them out. Will report back with more testing feedback once I get them built.

75lb Vertix
27.5 draw
250gr valkyrie BH
250spine reigns (might go with BE impacts, slightly lighter)
FOC 21.8%
f8f29348f035708da8f26749918ff1ea.jpg
bea9fce830262c5d03ccb5c8ad5d9a67.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The penetration on targets is pretty mind blowing. In fact, it’s also the cause of my biggest frustration. They hit so hard and go through everything I’ve shot at, that I’ve got to keep extra inserts and heads on hand b/c I lose so many pulling arrows out of targets. (I think the heat down here in Houston weakens the glue, I’m pretty bad about leaving my bow case in my truck all summer so I can sneak in practice when I have downtime). Luckily, it’s a quick fix. I’ve never had another problem with these things, even when hitting something solid.

You can’t cheat the mountain

406unltd

WKR
The penetration on targets is pretty mind blowing. In fact, it’s also the cause of my biggest frustration. They hit so hard and go through everything I’ve shot at, that I’ve got to keep extra inserts and heads on hand b/c I lose so many pulling arrows out of targets. (I think the heat down here in Houston weakens the glue, I’m pretty bad about leaving my bow case in my truck all summer so I can sneak in practice when I have downtime). Luckily, it’s a quick fix. I’ve never had another problem with these things, even when hitting something solid.

You can’t cheat the mountain
What glue you using ?

406unltd

WKR
I'm using the Max impact glue that he sells on his site. I'm open to suggestions on other glues to use.

https://valkyriearchery.com/shop/max-impact-glue/
I currently use blue lid gorilla glue on my inserts. But I am in the process of slowly collecting everything I need from Valkyrie’s site to build them next year. The black glue you are using is the one I bought too thinking it would be superior. Sucks that’s not the case. Try the blue lid gorilla glue if you get around to it. I’d be curious to k ow if that’s what I should stick with when I build the Valkyrie system

The Loon

FNG
I too am having issues with losing the sleeves and target tips deep in targets. He sent a couple extra and some glue which was pretty cool but hasn't solved the problem. If they weren't the best grouping arrows I've ever shot I would be looking elsewhere but daaaam they fly well.

Try the slow setting, "steel reinforced" JB Weld brand epoxy. It's the only thing I've never lost a collar with. I lost a bunch of the ones Brent glued in with Max Bond and even some standard epoxied ones. That slow set epoxy is very strong, but still retains good impact resistance.

Donk

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tried the Gorilla glue or JB Weld mentioned above and had good results.? I lost another outsert today. I also live in a hot and humid area.