Valkyrie System

Elc1973

FNG
My buddy uses them and we were very impressed with them last weekend. He shot a grizzly in the rear and it broke the front shoulder after passing through the whole body cavity. The arrow went another 10 yards after exiting the bear. Bear died in less than 100 yards.

chuckq777

FNG
I just emailed them for the second time. I run heavy ish arrows and would like to try their test kit but would like a recommendation from them with my set up. Elite ritual. 28 1/2 draw. 71.5 lbs. ibo is 335 BH 6 3/4.

I’m between the 300 and 250 shaft. I really think the broadhead is lethal but don’t understand the pin system. Are the pins just glued in ??? This is why I’m having trouble calicualting my spine. Just don’t understand. Listened to gritty on many casts speak of them and like what they say.

I’d like to be under 530gr but don’t have to be.

Neverenoughhntn

Lil-Rokslider
I just emailed them for the second time. I run heavy ish arrows and would like to try their test kit but would like a recommendation from them with my set up. Elite ritual. 28 1/2 draw. 71.5 lbs. ibo is 335 BH 6 3/4.

I’m between the 300 and 250 shaft. I really think the broadhead is lethal but don’t understand the pin system. Are the pins just glued in ??? This is why I’m having trouble calicualting my spine. Just don’t understand. Listened to gritty on many casts speak of them and like what they say.

I’d like to be under 530gr but don’t have to be.

The “pin” is part of the bh, it’s all one piece. (same with field points ) The broadhead then screws into their outsert. The specific design of the centerpin and outsert system that Valkyrie offers is second to none for component durability for micro shafts.

The design of the bh, with the centerpin extending so far into the arrow should stiffin it up a little.

FlyGuy

WKR
Ive Been really eyeing these. Put a call into them a few weeks ago but didn't get a call back. Wasn't too sure about the broadhead design itself, especially since you are completely married to that head and nothing else once you go to their system. I have been looking more into solid, single bevel/Ashby type heads hear lately but there is no way to combine a head like that into their system. Anyeay, Glad to hear some positive feedback from at least one user. Anyone else?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

chuckq777

FNG
Thanks for the reply. Never messed around with micro shafts before. They emailed me back ! I’ll get a test kit hopefully and check them out.

Ive Been really eyeing these. Put a call into them a few weeks ago but didn't get a call back. Wasn't too sure about the broadhead design itself, especially since you are completely married to that head and nothing else once you go to their system. I have been looking more into solid, single bevel/Ashby type heads hear lately but there is no way to combine a head like that into their system. Anyeay, Glad to hear some positive feedback from at least one user. Anyone else?

I was skeptical 18 months ago, but now I’m a firm believer in the extreme FOC of this set up. The threads are different that every other broad head company, but the points will not loosen from shooting. No rattling, no tightening needed, which is a good thing because they’re so damn sharp it’s dangerous to keep putting your fingers onto the head.

I’ve broken shafts and been able to remove the components and reuse them. My accuracy got better to where I can’t risk shooting 2 arrows at the same spot from 50yds because I’ll ruin the first arrows fletching or Robin Hood it and ruin the shaft.

It’s a large initial investment. But the setup I just got for Hoyt proD34 55-65# is the 350 shaft at 30” with the 225 non vented. 2 fletch max stealth with no wrap and firenock for 512g total weight

If you’re worried about being able to only use Brent’s design he offers a centerpin adapter that glues into the shaft and has standard threads so you can use other heads. This was before I changed to the 2 fletch.
dbc0a48f15757332fdf60dcaf3ae2702.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
You can also use the glue on broadhead adapters that screw into the centerpin and experiment with different glue on heads, of which there are a bunch on the market. Ethics archery also makes a micro insert system with a real long shank on the insert that uses standard broadhead threads. You can choose from aluminum/aluminum for light weight, or stainless/ stainless for FOC, or you can mix and match like the Valkyrie system. Another option to consider.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Forgot to mention, there are a TON of single bevel glue on heads on the market, you can really bump your FOC up since the broadhead adapters are already 125gr.

chuckq777

FNG
Happy to hear good info. I’m Gona make a slow leap but am slightly concerned with the release of the new shafts. Don’t wana miss out on some newer shafts that may be nicer than these. I’ll be Hunting come early September so I won’t switch my gear up late August when the shafts may come in

Ten Bears

WKR
I am 5 days into shooting the system. So far so good.

Shooting their Reign 300 spine arrows 4 fletched with their logo'd vanes. The regular 22g sleeves and 200g field and broadheads.

Had my serving split on my RX1 Ultra last week so I did a full tune and got a new sight tape dialed in with the Valkyries after everything was fixed and running smooth.

Field points and broadheads are hitting pretty damn close without much hassle.

Put some field points through some plywood to see what would happen. Points, sleeves, and arrows blasted through without a scratch.

I don't know if it's because I am shooting more this year than I have in the past 10 years but I will say that was the fastest I had a sight tape right and my broadheads hitting true. This is also my first go with the AAE vanes and I love the lower profile. I have always been a Blaser guy and these seem quieter and come through the rest really smooth.

Pretty happy so far, I'll shoot heavy this week and give an update.

FlyGuy

WKR
How would you say an entire system will set you back? 12 arrows, some field tips and broadheads, etc. Just trying to get an idea of what I'm in for if I decide to go for it now, or if I put it off until after the season closes when I get a new bow.

Ten Bears

WKR
I would think around $430.

I scored part of my system off here in the classifieds and sold some stuff I don't use to offset the rest. Ended up scoring it at a decent price. Actually selling some 4mm eastons right now to buy more.

How would you say an entire system will set you back? 12 arrows, some field tips and broadheads, etc. Just trying to get an idea of what I'm in for if I decide to go for it now, or if I put it off until after the season closes when I get a new bow.

So this was my order from last week. Changing spine and head weight
6 shafts/sleeves/field points 3 broadheads
Sharpeners, hat for me and shirt for wife (forgiveness token)

It’s scary to look at... but 18 months later I still have 4 of my first shafts and all components excluding one sleeve (shot it and screwed it up)

In the long run.... it’s less than I spent on GT stuff in the same time frame.
3959e45ea416c2f4245554830b0429a9.png

sneaky

"DADDY"
How far do those sleeves come back on the shaft?

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've looked at their site multiple times but I've either overlooked it, or they don't mention, how much of the shaft the sleeve covers or what length it adds. Just wish they made the sleeves in different sizes for other micro shafts besides the BE/Reign shafts.

I've looked at their site multiple times but I've either overlooked it, or they don't mention, how much of the shaft the sleeve covers or what length it adds. Just wish they made the sleeves in different sizes for other micro shafts besides the BE/Reign shafts.

Man... I’m not home right now. But estimate wise.... the sleeve is a little bit longer than an inch I think. And it goes about half an inch over the shaft. I’ll look to see if I have any pictures of it. I know Brent mentioned in a podcast the BE/reign shafts he went with was because they had good strength and spine to low weight so the FOC can get 20-30 without issue.

FlyGuy

WKR
So this was my order from last week. Changing spine and head weight
6 shafts/sleeves/field points 3 broadheads
Sharpeners, hat for me and shirt for wife (forgiveness token)

It’s scary to look at... but 18 months later I still have 4 of my first shafts and all components excluding one sleeve (shot it and screwed it up)

In the long run.... it’s less than I spent on GT stuff in the same time frame.
3959e45ea416c2f4245554830b0429a9.png

Thanks! Looks like about $300 for 6 if you remove the costs of logo gear and the one time sharpener purchase.

That's exactly the info I was looking for. It's pretty steep, but not out of range. I've broken and lost a few GT Pierce and need to order more if I'm going to stick with them, but I cringe at the thought of paying top dollar for a dozen arrows and only ending up with 6 that will shoot BH worth a damn. Decisions, decisions...

(Forgiveness tokens, Nice!)

CJ5K

FNG
I heard them talking about these on Gritty Bowmen, and I'm definitely intrigued, especially when they were saying they were getting just as much penetration out of a 50# recurve as they were out of the compound. Other than increasing the FOC is there a benefit to the center pin system that is absent if you just use the Blood Eagle screw in broadheads? I was planning on just using zwickey eskimo's and eskalites this year, but the idea of getting ALL the penetration in a 3 blade head is more seductive than Emma Watson in camo.