Where can a guy find footers/sleeves/collars for GT standard size carbon shafts?

Kindo

WKR
Title pretty much explains it all. Just wondering where some guys are finding sleeves/collars for some of these shafts other than DIY. I'm a tinkerer and I know I can add weight to my insert etc, but I feel as though something on the exterior would help with maintaining integrity of the shaft. Just wanting to get some opinions here. Thanks!

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
If by standard size, you mean the .246 type size, they are not made. The reason is that the bigger arrow doesn't need them as they are extremely durable. The GT Pro Hunter was the go to shaft for many years for a mass amount of people. It was also the go to shaft back in the day for the GT target archers as it was that good. GT now offers many different arrows that are as good as the Pro Hunter.

Check out Tuffhead. They have footing. I've cut my own before but I don't have an arrow saw or a way to cut them clean. On my next arrows I'm going to the Tuffs.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
Kindo

Kindo

WKR
Thanks for the input fellas. I’ll check into the recommendations. I understand that these shafts shouldn’t “need” this sort of reinforcement but it is just something I am curious about.