Mathews HTX experience?

Anyone here shoot a Mathews HTX?
Looking to upgrade from my 2012 diamond outlaw, which has been just fine for me..but the draw cycle is a bit harsh, and makes longer shooting sessions less fun..
went into the local shop just poking around, and they have last years HTX's on sale for a decent price...was shocked how smooth the draw was, and how easy it was to hold at full draw.
anyways just looking for anyones experiences with these bows?
I shoot a 28.5 DL at 70#. I know the bow isn't a speed demon, but im sure it's close to being on par to my old bow.
Edit: if there's something "better" which i know is subjective, in that 500 (used)- 750 (new) range what else should I be looking at?
I know I can pick up a Halon 32 for around 650 used on AT..but need to go shoot one.

OR Archer

WKR
The HTX is a good shooting Bow. Smooth, easy to tune, and accurate. But like you said it won’t win any speed contests.
My suggestion is get a Halon 32 over the HTX. All the same great characteristics of the HTX but much faster.

OP
blackpowderhunter
The HTX is a good shooting Bow. Smooth, easy to tune, and accurate. But like you said it won’t win any speed contests.
My suggestion is get a Halon 32 over the HTX. All the same great characteristics of the HTX but much faster.
I was hoping you would chime in! thanks

I had an htx, smooth easy drawing bow, and accurate for me. However, it couldnt push heavier arrows at the speeds I was wanting. The next year I got a halon 32, easy to hold on target, imo has a great draw. I ended up selling the htx and got a second 32. The only real thing I miss about the htx is the weight. I would suggest shooting the 32 to help in your decision.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have the htx and the halon 32 with 5” bh. Both are great bows. The htx is super forgiving and very accurate for me and super smooth. The halon 5 is extremely smooth for a dual cam and 23 FPS faster than the htx but is not as forgiving but still stacks groups if I do my job. I’d shoot both but don’t worry about speed too much unless you’re shooting distance. I was shooting 27” dL 476 grain arrows at 250 FPS out of my htx and they did just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
blackpowderhunter
I have the htx and the halon 32 with 5” bh. Both are great bows. The htx is super forgiving and very accurate for me and super smooth. The halon 5 is extremely smooth for a dual cam and 23 FPS faster than the htx but is not as forgiving but still stacks groups if I do my job. I’d shoot both but don’t worry about speed too much unless you’re shooting distance. I was shooting 27” dL 476 grain arrows at 250 FPS out of my htx and they did just fine.

i guess that's the thing with regards to distance..im a 60 yards and under guy. no slider pin sight..60 yards and less.
i enjoy the smooth and forgiving nature of the htx and wonder if the 15-20 fps would make or break it for me.

i guess that's the thing with regards to distance..im a 60 yards and under guy. no slider pin sight..60 yards and less.
i enjoy the smooth and forgiving nature of the htx and wonder if the 15-20 fps would make or break it for me.

I’m right there with you on that. However, I’m headed west this year and hopefully every year after for many years to come so I picked up a new halon 5 to get the higher mom and ke with a heavier arrow. If I’m shooting whitetail out of a tree or blind, I’ll probably be shooting the htx. And it’s 23 FPS difference between my two bows with exact same specs and shooting the exact same 476 grain arrow.

OP
blackpowderhunter
I’m right there with you on that. However, I’m headed west this year and hopefully every year after for many years to come so I picked up a new halon 5 to get the higher mom and ke with a heavier arrow. If I’m shooting whitetail out of a tree or blind, I’ll probably be shooting the htx. And it’s 23 FPS difference between my two bows with exact same specs and shooting the exact same 476 grain arrow.

i live out west and only hunt out west..
probably just end up going with the halon or something else with a bit more speed to never have that nagging buyers remorse in the back of my mind.

i live out west and only hunt out west..
probably just end up going with the halon or something else with a bit more speed to never have that nagging buyers remorse in the back of my mind.

Can’t say that I had buyers remorse from the htx. But I also have a short draw length and the only way I would be able to get the numbers close to what I wanted would be to buy a speed bow. I love both bows and they both shoot great. I don’t see ever getting rid of either one. They just both serve different purposes. And it never hurts to have two bows.