Grizzlystik arrows

Any one out there use them? Worth the price? After testing black eagle rampages, gold tip kinetic pierce, and fmj 5mm on leg bones this weekend I'm looking for a tougher arrow. Fmj came out on top but interested in Grizz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
Search the different forums on these.....they are poorly rated......

.... but that isn't 100% fair as they recently contracted their production to a quality manufacturer, so they should be much better in the future. I dunno if the new ones are out...or if they went to a 6mm size like the other manufacturers.....vs those big logs they used to sell.

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
Search the different forums on these.....they are poorly rated......

.... but that isn't 100% fair as they recently contracted their production to a quality manufacturer, so they should be much better in the future. I dunno if the new ones are out...or if they went to a 6mm size like the other manufacturers.....vs those big logs they used to sell.

Victory Arrows are making shafts for Grizzly Stik now. The thing is that the components up front make a huge difference in any arrows durability.

OP
Topo_trekker
I'm gonna try them out. The new component system(collar/insert)with their tapered arrows just make the numbers work out so easy. I'll post my thoughts.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Aron Snyder used them on his bear hunt. Might want to look up his thoughts on them

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered the 650g test kit. Hope to have it in a few days.

I shot an Ashby 315 gr tip on a VAP 300 spine shaft with a stainless steel outsert a couple years ago. 70 pound bow and the setup was around 690 gr. You won’t be shooting long distance I can tell you that. I’m now down to 500 gr and that’s really as heavy as you need to be.

Chad.frank thanks for your opinion. I’m already shooting 475 grains and I really enjoy that set up. I’m someone who loves to tinker with gear so we’ll see what happens in a few days.

Dwnorton1

FNG
Not going to get in to debate about durability of old style. I can tell you I run 660g in the old style. The misconception about not being able to shoot long range with it is false. I have HHA sight and mechanically runs out of adjustment of 64yds. I know some that would not considered that long range, but that is more than my effective range at a live animal. Thing to think about though, even at 50yards my arrow has the energy left to blow all the way through just about any animal regardless of shot angle or if I hit shoulder blade etc. Since switch I have yet to not have complete pass thru. Most extreme case is when I had old doe on my hit list( one that would look at every treestand when she came out) which only offered me a Texas heart shot. The arrow went through hip bone traveled length of body, thru front shoulder and fully exited. Try that with your 380g arrow traveling at mach 2.
I had an older Hoyt Carbon matrix that I was unable to tune with lighter arrows, switched to heavy arrow, groups tightened up and the bow is so quiet now its ridiculous. The single bevel is awesome too as it leaves a spiral wound channel. To each his own. Just my 2 cents. That being said anyone with the old style momentum please let me know Ill take them off your hands for a fair price.

OP
Topo_trekker
Not going to get in to debate about durability of old style. I can tell you I run 660g in the old style. The misconception about not being able to shoot long range with it is false. I have HHA sight and mechanically runs out of adjustment of 64yds. I know some that would not considered that long range, but that is more than my effective range at a live animal. Thing to think about though, even at 50yards my arrow has the energy left to blow all the way through just about any animal regardless of shot angle or if I hit shoulder blade etc. Since switch I have yet to not have complete pass thru. Most extreme case is when I had old doe on my hit list( one that would look at every treestand when she came out) which only offered me a Texas heart shot. The arrow went through hip bone traveled length of body, thru front shoulder and fully exited. Try that with your 380g arrow traveling at mach 2.
I had an older Hoyt Carbon matrix that I was unable to tune with lighter arrows, switched to heavy arrow, groups tightened up and the bow is so quiet now its ridiculous. The single bevel is awesome too as it leaves a spiral wound channel. To each his own. Just my 2 cents. That being said anyone with the old style momentum please let me know Ill take them off your hands for a fair price.

How many lbs. you shooting?

NorBC

FNG
I've shot the momentum tdt and the momentum blacks, wasn't a fan of the steel components on the tdt's I broke lots. The blacks came with brass inserts and no collars and I was a big fan, they were 658 gr when I tuned them to my 52# bow. I can't remember but I think I was getting 180ish fps. I was a big fan of the blacks. Just got an email tonight and the new victory made shafts are being sent to me shortly and I'm pretty excited to try them. They will most likely stick with this manufacturer for a long time and then we can get consistent shafts out of them year after year. Garrett said the new shafts are quite a bit better than the blacks and I had good success with those. Todd and garrett have excellent customer service also.

The only thing I do not like is how they like to cut the arrows for you. Garrett is kind enough to send me full shafts thankfully. I just find that without shooting an arrow out of your own bow you're never going to have it tuned perfect. It's nice to fletch them yourself and keep a bareshaft. So there has been bad reviews in the past but I honestly think the blacks and these new arrows are a solid way to go. Huge believer in heavy FOC and they allow you to stack that up. I've had a few clients shoot them and get complete pass throughs on goats and other critters.

What ever you end up with don't be worried about the grizzly, they're super soft animals if you hit them where you should. Once I get the new arrows I'll do up a review for you.

NorBC

FNG
Also Neil summers of bow hunting safaris has killed literally a thousand times more animals than any of us, and he uses them..

Dwnorton1

FNG
How many lbs. you shooting?

I was messing with bow today. I set it up couple of years ago and haven't messed with it. I think 68 or so. But I will check. Ill pull out chrono and get some data as well.

I just got finished shooting the 650g test arrows. 240 and 320 is what I ordered. They were 1.5g difference when I weighed them out. I’m shooting a carbon defiant 34 at 70lbs and I have a 28” draw. The 240 shot very well for me as the 320 were a little under spined. I did shoot threw the chrono and I got 218fps with both arrows. I dropped to a 125 tip instead of the 200 and got 230fps. That 125 tip gave me a weight of 580g. I must say when I shot the 650 set up I was amazed as to how quiet my bow was. I have not shot out passed 20 yet and I’m going to make up my mind after I see how much drop and pin gap I’m dealing with. So far I’m happy with what I’m seeing and I’ll continue to mess with the arrow weights.

JP100

WKR
Snyder said he loves the new ones FYI.

Helps when ya get em for free haha.

Had a client use them and say they are good, but not worth the price.

I think there are some good options out of Aussie, plenty of guys there run heavy set ups with 2 blades(most guys I think) as they shoot alot of tough critters(big pigs).
widowmaker-archery I have used these a little bit with no complaints

Some of those Aussie guys shoot more game in week than most of us do in year, they know what works

Beendare

WKR
$400 for a doz arrows.....really?

Why tapered arrow? It adds a degree of difficulty to the mnfr process...maybe thats why they were so inconsistent in the past. Multiple manufacturers have the same dia carbon shafts down now....very good quality/consistency.

The shills can talk them up here...but the taper is a solution to a non existent problem.

Grizzlystick 12 arrow package [includes 6 BH's] $399.99

Mountain archery sells the Victory top of the line [tried and true] TKO package for $199.

Victory has other versions of their arrows that are $120 a dozen.

Heavy arrow with time tested shafts is easy;

1) Use arrow tubes [3 rivers archery] heck, you can add those to your existing arrows for about $20.

2) Upsize spine, put a 100gr insert and be into a set of Victory, Easton, Other heavy arrows for under $150 doz