New strings?

Just wondering what strings people are shooting and why. I bought a set of Catfish Customs off of Archery Talk and I haven't been very happy with them. Some peep rotation and serving separation and I've only been shooting them for about 3 months or so.

My local shop(and the guys there are great friends of mine) is an ABB dealer, but I'm not spending $175 for a string set. They said that they've had bad luck with Vaportrail strings? I've been looking at Twisted X strings and 60x strings. Any others out there I should take a look at?

Bowstring depot built me a good set. My only issue was that the string was quite a bit thicker than my stock strings on my obsession. I’m running stock fuse strings on my Hoyt, and other than serving separation on the string center serving they seem to be fine.

I would contact Catfish customs and let him know, he will send you another set. With that said I've had really good luck with 60X and JBK strings. I used to only get strings from Ex-Wolverine on AT but hes really cut back on string orders, and i doubt hes taking new customers anymore.

I would never buy winners choice, ABB, vaportrail when there are a number of other places that make as good or better strings for less money.

Longshot

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve used 60x for the past few years and have nothing bad to say about them- other than I don’t think they’ll install weights for you. My current set is from hogwire and they dialed right in and never stretched, settled, or rotated... I’ve only changed strings 5-6 times so my experience is very limited but I’m very happy with hogwire and my bow is shooting great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hogwire and Buckslayer have been good for me. Both are under $100 and Buckslayer runs periodic deals

OP
quackaddict
I would contact Catfish customs and let him know, he will send you another set. With that said I've had really good luck with 60X and JBK strings. I used to only get strings from Ex-Wolverine on AT but hes really cut back on string orders, and i doubt hes taking new customers anymore.

I would never buy winners choice, ABB, vaportrail when there are a number of other places that make as good or better strings for less money.
Good to know. I might just go that route. I'd just hate to chance getting another set that has issues, but I don't guess I have a problem with a second chance either.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
Vapor Trail is all I've ever used...never had a problem so I'm not sure what they may be referring to. Vapor Trail is a MN company (they are about 10 minutes from my house actually) so I like to support local when I can.

Btaylor

WKR
Just recently put a set of JBK's on my bow and I am 150-200 shots on them. So seems like a really well built set and they came highly referred.

Kbetts

FNG
Xfire. Ordered another custom set yesterday. I’ll have it in less than a week. My first set is still going strong but I felt it was time. $96 and change.

Trial153

WKR
Xfire. Ordered another custom set yesterday. I’ll have it in less than a week. My first set is still going strong but I felt it was time. $96 and change.
Is bart still building xfire strings?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

maverick351

Lil-Rokslider
Ive dealt with winner choice, vapor trail, abb, first string, 60x, gas and hogg wire. So far gas has had really solid strings and the best customer service I've experienced. That being said hogg wire would be a second choice

WKR
Just got a set from twisted x. I haven't had a chance to install them yet but I will not order from them again. The build time was over 6 weeks! I should say that the time I ordered them until I got them was over 6 weeks. That did include shipping.

OR Archer

WKR
I’ll give a little advice about strings. Dont be a cheapskate on strings. Strings are the weak link in a bow so buy a quality string not just the cheapest. Everyone doesn’t bat an eye at buying top of the line accessories but seem to be unwilling to do the same when it comes to a good set of strings. All those fancy accessories won’t mean squat if your strings suck and your Bow won’t stay in tune. So do your research and ask around. Call some dealers of strings and ask their opinion before making a decision.