Quilts

I know this topic has been beat to death, but I really haven't seen the advantage of a quilt. If they zip up into a mummy bag or lay flat while zipped out, why wouldn't a person just unzip their sleeping bag to lay flat or run it zipped if you want a sleeping bag?
is their something I'm missing with a quilt? Disclaimer: I have never used a quilt and I'm looking for a good reason to carry one instead of a bag.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Weight is the biggest factor for most users. My EE quilt doesn't seem to pack up much smaller than some of my other bags though. I'll figure out a way to compress it better eventually I suppose.

lchavez

Lil-Rokslider
Comfort. I do still have an old military combo set, but even those get unzipped and used as quilts. I do use an insulated pad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fjelljeger

Lil-Rokslider
Versatile comfortable light weight. EE 0deg packs down as small as my feathered friends 20deg and is lighter too. So far very happy with the quilt.

Not constricting at all and offer more venting options so you can be comfortable in a variety of temps.

Short on cache

Lil-Rokslider
Im new to the quilt game, but I used mine this weekend and loved it! Super light and packable and Not nearly as coffin like as a bag. It was high 30s and I stayed very warm. Ill be using it sheep hunting in Alaska this year.

Weight and packable size is nice for sure. Much more affordable for quality ingredients; seems like a bag with similar ingredient is double or more. I have used mine only a handful of times so far, but I find it to be much warmer and far more comfortable. Warmer in comparison to bags I have tried in the same general price range that is... those bags were not nearly as realistic on the temp ratings as my quilt. Comfortable because of the lack of restrictions, I hate being zipped in a bag.

For me the greatest advantage is not only the weight savings, my EE Convert 0° only weighs 2lbs 3 ounces, but also the fact that it doesn't have a hood which I like because I toss and turn.