Beware of rtic coolers

fastrr

FNG
Beware of lies by RTIC Coolers regarding ship dates.

I placed my Reservation on July 6th and was told a late August 2015 ship date.
I paid for my order on August 19 and was told 60-90 days to ship.

I checked back on shipping in early October and was told my cooler would ship November 14th.
I checked on shipping on October 29th and my ship date was moved back to December 4th.

I checked yesterday, November 17th and my ship date is now moved back to January 1st.

I keep getting excuses for why the shipping dates have changed. Keep in mind that they have had my money since August 19th. How many others are like me? I would not mind waiting if they didn't charge me until the cooler ships but it seems to me that this may end of being a scam. Trying to ship a few coolers out while getting more and more peoples money.

PLEASE SPREAD THIS MESSAGE AROUND REGARDING RTIC COOLERS AND SHIP DATE LIES!

jm1607

WKR
Beware of lies by RTIC Coolers regarding ship dates.

I placed my Reservation on July 6th and was told a late August 2015 ship date.
I paid for my order on August 19 and was told 60-90 days to ship.

I checked back on shipping in early October and was told my cooler would ship November 14th.
I checked on shipping on October 29th and my ship date was moved back to December 4th.

I checked yesterday, November 17th and my ship date is now moved back to January 1st.

I keep getting excuses for why the shipping dates have changed. Keep in mind that they have had my money since August 19th. How many others are like me? I would not mind waiting if they didn't charge me until the cooler ships but it seems to me that this may end of being a scam. Trying to ship a few coolers out while getting more and more peoples money.

PLEASE SPREAD THIS MESSAGE AROUND REGARDING RTIC COOLERS AND SHIP DATE LIES!

Easy tiger, maybe you should make some other posts before you start ranting.

It sounds like they told you it would be 60-90 days and they're only running about one month behind that, so it shouldn't be a big surprise. They're a brand new company. At least they're keeping you in the loop and not just blowing off your phone calls and emails.

I know a few people personally that have gotten their coolers already so I know it's not a scam.

Make sure you don't buy any Kuiu, you'll be waiting alot longer than that!

OP
F

fastrr

FNG
I don't feel a need to post just to post. I spend time reading and learning from others.

I did notice that not much has been said about the delays of RTIC Coolers and they don't seem to care. I wanted to make sure that if there are others going through the same thing, they are not alone. People can vent their frustrations here so that we have a voice to what is taking place.

The ship dates keep changing...Late August, then 60-90 days after payment, then November 14th, then December 4th and now January 1.

August 19th to January 1st is 135 days. That is 45 to 75 days past the 60 -90 day duration and 124 days past a late August ship date. I feel that if they would have been honest and stated that you have to pay but wont see a cooler for close to 6 month that it would have been more honest and upfront. It is a unethical to keep stringing people along.

Not sure about Kuiu as pretty much all of my stuff is Sitka but the few things that I have ordered from Kuiu have shipped right away.

Trial153

WKR
Seems like a legitimate gripe to me....if 6 months of an interest free lone and no product isn't an issue ...well then what is.

gauge

Lil-Rokslider
I don't care if that was your first post, thanks for the heads up. Rant worthy in my book. Yeti would have had your cooler in 5-7 business days. If they are a new company and are not prepared take on orders, then don't make your product available until your company can ship in the given time frame.

OP
F

fastrr

FNG
I don't care if that was your first post, thanks for the heads up. Rant worthy in my book. Yeti would have had your cooler in 5-7 business days. If they are a new company and are not prepared take on orders, then don't make your product available until your company can ship in the given time frame.

Thanks! Exactly...I just want everyone to know what is going on. I know that I would have never placed an ordering knowing what I do now. I just want others to know exactly what they are getting into.

Easy tiger, maybe you should make some other posts before you start ranting.

It sounds like they told you it would be 60-90 days and they're only running about one month behind that, so it shouldn't be a big surprise. They're a brand new company. At least they're keeping you in the loop and not just blowing off your phone calls and emails.

I know a few people personally that have gotten their coolers already so I know it's not a scam.

Make sure you don't buy any Kuiu, you'll be waiting alot longer than that!

How about some photos of those coolers, I don't know a single guy who's gotten theirs, that includes about 10 dudes from the Internet and 3 different guys where I work... Who are pissed.

jm1607

WKR
How about some photos of those coolers, I don't know a single guy who's gotten theirs, that includes about 10 dudes from the Internet and 3 different guys where I work... Who are pissed.

I can get some photos. Apparently most people that ordered white coolers (or at least certain sizes) have received them but the tans were delayed.

Hope they didn't order tan ones cause I heard they just got bumped back to March :eek:

Last edited:

twall13

WKR
There are consumer protection laws about how long a company can keep your money before being required to ship the product. I don't recall the specifics but I'm pretty sure August to now falls inside the time line they would be required to ship or refund your money.

Having said that, I'm of the opinion we are way too letigious as a society and I'd try to work with the company, especially where they are new and growing.

As was mentioned earlier, at least you have some communication with them rather than going radio silent. Keep track of the communication you have with them, let them know you are unhappy, and see what they can do for you.

I do appreciate your post, however, as it's a company I was looking at purchasing from in the future. I'll have to track these issues going forward so it's always good to be aware of potential problems before hand.

I can get some photos. Apparently most people that ordered white coolers (or at least certain sizes) have received them but the tans were delayed.

Hope they didn't order tan ones cause I heard they just got bumped back to March :eek:

You know what, I know all 3 of the guys I personally know ordered tan, they are gonna be pissed.

Just so we are clear, I wasn't calling you out, more would like pics to see the quality of the coolers.

I ordered tan. I dont care to wait and I dont care that they have my money... IF I knew for sure it was legit and that coolers were indeed shipping and will continue to ship. I keep thinking about asking for a refund or having my bank reverse the charge. I would love to see that people are receiving them.

Mark

WKR
It sounds like Rtic is using your deposits to finance their company. They collect the deposits until they get enough to purchase the minimum order quantity and then they place their order. The longer it takes to collect deposits on orders, the longer it takes them to place their order and the delivery dates drag out.

OP
F

fastrr

FNG
July 6th Email:
"Thank you for reserving your RTIC cooler."
"We anticipate having the RTIC coolers in stock in late August 2015."
"All reservations will be filled on a first come basis"

August 18th Email:
"If your reservation was made in July you can expect to receive your cooler by October 31, 2015"

August 19th Email:
"Thank you for your pre-order."
"Pre-orders will be fulfilled based on the order in which they are received. We estimate you order to ship within 60 to 90 days from today."

October 1st Email:
"We expect to have all the pre-orders shipped within 60-90 days from your pre-order date."

It sounds like Rtic is using your deposits to finance their company. They collect the deposits until they get enough to purchase the minimum order quantity and then they place their order. The longer it takes to collect deposits on orders, the longer it takes them to place their order and the delivery dates drag out.
So the Kuiu business model? :p

cgippe

Lil-Rokslider
If you guys have ever tried to start a company you would know it takes a lot of money. Dont hate on people trying to make a living and a great product. If you dont want to wait for a product then dont order something on back order. I have never had any trouble getting items form KUIU that are IN STOCK.

Everyone needs to chill.

If you guys have ever tried to start a company you would know it takes a lot of money. Dont hate on people trying to make a living and a great product. If you dont want to wait for a product then dont order something on back order. I have never had any trouble getting items form KUIU that are IN STOCK.

Everyone needs to chill.

When ordering these coolers someone is not waiting for a product on back order. They are waiting for a product that has not been made, or ordered by the manufacturing company yet. Significant difference in my opinion.

Everyone needs to chill.

This is the exact attitude that lets companies take customers for a ride. My money is paid to a company for a product, my money is not to boost your bank account for start up funds of whatever company it may be. This is not a no interest loan that you can "payback" with a product whenever it becomes convenient. This is not the first time something like this has happened and people have been taken, not saying that's this situation but if I give someone my money and they say 60-90 days, I better see my money or my product.