Pictures of loaded pack animals

PA100437_zpstgf6r0cz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This pic is so cool! I love it.

In Australia, if you told peopl you were going to saddle up your goats and go hunting for a few days, people would think you were completely nuts

AKMAN

Lil-Rokslider

Welcome (late) to the forum! Not many folks in Alaska hunting with horses anymore. We've got one mule and 2.25 humans so it's still a walking game for us. Hopefully we'll add to the herd soon. :)

Stefan

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome (late) to the forum! Not many folks in Alaska hunting with horses anymore. We've got one mule and 2.25 humans so it's still a walking game for us. Hopefully we'll add to the herd soon. :)
After my time up in Fairbanks I just can't imagine the cost to feed horses for a winter up there!

I am not going to lie, I am jealous!!! I miss Alaska! Loved being up there! Would have loved it more if I had my horses up there!

Late Elk AZ Pack out

Helped a guy out last year in a nasty hole off trail.

Attachments

• 2017 hunts 033.jpg
    2017 hunts 033.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 2017 hunts 031.jpg
    2017 hunts 031.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 2017 hunts 030.jpg
    2017 hunts 030.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 157

KHntr

Lil-Rokslider

Getting ready to head out from the truck...

This little mare had been given to us as she wasn't getting used. She'd never been packed, and as far as we were aware, never been to the mountains, just used as a barrel horse. However, if you are eating my feed, you are gonna do some work for me.

Here she is with a couple of fresh elk quarters getting lashed on. Never had been around blood either. She's a trooper.

Getting ready to head out from the truck...

This little mare had been given to us as she wasn't getting used. She'd never been packed, and as far as we were aware, never been to the mountains, just used as a barrel horse. However, if you are eating my feed, you are gonna do some work for me.

Here she is with a couple of fresh elk quarters getting lashed on. Never had been around blood either. She's a trooper.

Looks like she done good for a short eared critter.:)