New Cot I tried this fall

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hi fellow stock users,
I tested a new lighter cot this year. Slept about 10 nights on it so far and really like it. My co-worker has one that has between 50 and 100 nights on it and is still looking good. Here's a quick video review on it. I accidentally call it an Easy Cot in the video but it's actually called an E-KOT (they truly are easy though as shown). You can visit the company at campingcot.com. They are not a Rokslide sponsor but seemed like a solid company (37 years in business) and figured you'd need to know in case you're looking for light tough cot. Let them know you saw it on Rokslide if you contact them. Here's the vid
[video=youtube_share;qifnizhjmfo]http://youtu.be/qifnizhjmfo[/video]

Very economical at $89.95

• 4 Tough spring steel galvanized legs.
  • Heavy Duty aluminum side-rail hinges (US Pat. 4,219,896)
  • Extra thick wall aluminum tubing.
  • Moss Green - 600 Denier Nylon
  • Weight Capacity 275 lbs.(26" x 74" x 8")
    Rugged, easy to carry, stow, setup, and take down.

They make a heavier version rated to 300 lbs and 350 lbs, too that use 1000 Denier, just see campingcot.com for more info

Post any questions. I'm subscribed so I'll get notified.

Ftguides

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for this Robby. Ordered a couple of the heavy weight rated cots as I am looking at replacing a bunch of "big boy" cots. I'll let you know how they hold up. Even with stock, cots can be a stinken nightmare, when the comfortable ones weight 30lbs+. Looking forward to seeing if this will lead to some huge weight savings.

The guys who runs the company seems like a good guy too.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Ftguides, thanks for the heads up. I think you'll also like their "compactness". I didn't try the bigger ones but they're still lighter than probably what you've been using. Keep us posted please, good or bad. I've sure not found any down sides to mine for the money.

He is a good guy. I don't know him personally but in working with many companies over the years, you can tell the guys who really believe in there product and are eager to get it in front of people.

Stefan

Lil-Rokslider
Is the Go-Kot the same as the E-KOT? I only saw the GO-Kot on their page.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like they changed their site around a bit but I believe they're the same

Here is a dead link that calls it an E-Kot
Go-Kot - Folding, lifetime camping cot. This all-weather, lightweight cot has a 5-year guarantee.

but here is their current link with only Go-Kot mention
Go-Kot - Folding, lifetime camping cot. This all-weather, lightweight cot has a 5-year guarantee.

Just call them, they are a small company and have answered the phone when I've called and been very helpful

FYI, I have another season on mine since I wrote that review and she's still going strong.

Tell 'em Rokslide sent you. Post on here what you find out if you call