New Goat to the string

Seeings how my original 3 boys are 2 years out from serious packing, I decided to add an adult, experienced packer to the group.
Once he is cleared from the vet to be with my other goats, we will be packing. Super stoked to have a packer this summer and fall to pack my camping gear. Once he is in shape, it is game on. Since I have been investing in quality, lightweight camping equipment, one goat will pack it all and still have room for first aid supplies and some extras.

Bighorns247

Lil-Rokslider
How old are the original 3 and how much can they carry right now? What breed are they and how much do they weigh?

Also, what does the vet look for in the new one before adding it to the herd? Sorry for so many questions but I'm just getting started in pack goats.

Where are you finding your goats? Would like to get a couple but i can only find out dated sites or eastern states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wa hunter

FNG
Where are you finding your goats? Would like to get a couple but i can only find out dated sites or eastern states.

if you are still looking for pack goats i got two kids this year from trinity pack goats. it would be a bit of a long drive for you... they are in tri cities Washington. but they have a good operation and some nice looking goats. check there web page out for more info. also think i found some places in Wyoming and Utah that did pack goats but can't remember now.

if you are still looking for pack goats i got two kids this year from trinity pack goats. it would be a bit of a long drive for you... they are in tri cities Washington. but they have a good operation and some nice looking goats. check there web page out for more info. also think i found some places in Wyoming and Utah that did pack goats but can't remember now.

I appreciate the offer but where i have never had pack goats before i am wanting to start with seasoned animals. Again thanks for the offer!!

wa hunter

FNG
I appreciate the offer but where i have never had pack goats before i am wanting to start with seasoned animals. Again thanks for the offer!!

i didn't mean i wanted to sell mine guess i should have worded it better... the breader is in tri cities he might be able to help you locate some trained goats.

i didn't mean i wanted to sell mine guess i should have worded it better... the breader is in tri cities he might be able to help you locate some trained goats.

Haha, got ya. That makes since. I'll look him up and give him a call. Thanks!!

OP
Idaho Brad
How old are the original 3 and how much can they carry right now? What breed are they and how much do they weigh?

Also, what does the vet look for in the new one before adding it to the herd? Sorry for so many questions but I'm just getting started in pack goats.
The original 3 are almost 2 now. They can carry 10-15% of their body weight which is 10 to 20lb. I habe 2 alpines and 1 oberhasli. They weigh between 120 to 150

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk