Wtb tent or tipi

lucascole76

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a tent or tipi with stove jack that is packable into the high country .
Planning on using it November so must be heavy duty enough to withstand some winds/rain/snow . There will be 3 of us so I'm assuming 4-6 man would be ideal . Let me know what you have or if you have any ideas on something new that's cost effective I'm open to suggestions
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rayporter

WKR
3 in a 4 man will be very tight -especially if there is snow. heck, 3 in a 6 man is tight.

i would use an 8 man at minimum. i use a 12 man for 3 guys.

Ftguides

Lil-Rokslider
If your packing and using into November, buy a 14x16 davis wall tent and learn how to cut a frame from your surroundings.

agree with Ftguides i pack a 14x16 davis tent 7 miles on the back of a mule 7 miles every year 82 lbs w ropes attached and we sleep 5 guys and all their gear plenty of room,the big cylinder stove is the cats meow for that tent that time of the year

We take two 10 day trips a season with a kifaru 6 man 3 guys and it works very well. Plenty of room for 3 guys

1signguy

WKR
I use a Davis tent every Spring for a week and they are awesome but for packing in a Kifaru is like a tenth of the weight... I have one pack horse and using 78 pounds just for the tent is a lot of capacity to give up... What is the benefit of a Davis over a Kifaru other than durability?

Stefan

Lil-Rokslider
You could also look at a Seek Outside bundle for a 12 man with stove and a total weight with screen doors of 17lbs. Or go smaller with an 8 man.
Just saying that you have options.

AKHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using a Titanium Goat Vertex 8 tipi for 8 years or so in AK. I would get the liner to eliminate condensation issues that come with a single layer tent. Lot's of stove choices. I had them add 2 or 3 additional guy outs to deal with snow and wind - so far so good.

Mansfield Outdoors

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Looking for a tent or tipi with stove jack that is packable into the high country .
Planning on using it November so must be heavy duty enough to withstand some winds/rain/snow . There will be 3 of us so I'm assuming 4-6 man would be ideal . Let me know what you have or if you have any ideas on something new that's cost effective I'm open to suggestions
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I humbly suggest a Tentipi Safir 9 cp or Zirkon 9 cp. Lightweight canvas eliminates the condensation problems. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you like with any questions or concerns.

Black's Zirkon 7 cp.jpgtentipi-safir-7-floorplan.jpgFloorless tipi 10.jpg

Last edited: