Breast collar for mountain riding.

I prefer a traditional breast collar vs a tripping or pulling type collar. But have also not even needed them with mountain riding, all my saddles have them because I rope in my saddles and just don't like takin stuff off and on when I don't need to.

1signguy

WKR
I prefer a traditional breast collar vs a tripping or pulling type collar. But have also not even needed them with mountain riding, all my saddles have them because I rope in my saddles and just don't like takin stuff off and on when I don't need to.

Agree with the above- I would use whatever you normally do. Don't change anything. Besides being easier it also ensures everything fits and works when you are a long ways away...

mcseal2

WKR
I've went to the pulling collars on both my saddles for ranch work. I've used them all and while all work fine these are my favorite. I feel like they let a horse hold the pull more comfortably as they don't ride up into their neck like a tripping collar can if it's not adjusted just right. We drag all our calves and the horse holds pressure against the Nord Fork while the calf is worked. That's the main reason I switched, don't want to sour the horses from holding that pressure so I want it to be comfortable. A friend from the Sandhills of NE recommended them. Lots of hills where I ride but no mountains. I'd leave them on if I went to the mountains though.