selling old reliable pack horse

rayporter

WKR
since reality struck me last year and I have done my last hunt this ol boy is extra.

he would work for a single packer for a hiker leading him in. also he does get along with all other horses.

he has made a lot of trips and packed many elk and deer. safe and sound and no bad habits. I would give him away but want to charge a couple hundred to keep him from getting knocked in the head.

AXwdE4H.jpg

Ucsdryder

WKR
Hope you find a good home for him! I assume you want him picked up...where are you located?

wish i lived close by,, good luck sir,sounds like a great ole boy!
oh yeah, sorry about reality.i hope it was a great last hunt.

OP
rayporter

rayporter

WKR
I am in eastern Arkansas but was in st Louis over the week end and will hit western ar, soon. may get to Tulsa even by charismas and ohio for fall.

CX5Ranch

WKR
Branson area here. How far apart are we?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clarktar

WKR
If I had a couple acres and a place for him.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
rayporter

rayporter

WKR
Branson mo. is quite a ways. is am pretty close to Memphis.

but I go to the buffalo river often and would make a trip to devils den this fall.

Hello Ray Porter. It's been a while friend. FYI I still have that 8 man Kifaru and it's made many journeys to Alaska and other backcountry locations. Many more to come I hope. Hate to hear you're letting your packer go. I hope he finds a good home.

rlmmarine

WKR
If your still looking for a home.for him when you come to the Louisville area I have a place for him but I'm currently between trailers and buying a new home. My dad lives in the Louisville area for me to keep him at until I have the new place ready

OP
rayporter

rayporter

WKR
Preston
how have you been? I was thinking about you and the 8 this spring.
have you came over to Arkansas any? ray

Yes, I make it over that way at least once a year for a canoe float. We are headed to the Current river in SE MO in a couple of weeks. Things are going well here, I wanted to get up to Alaska this fall to chase Moose but it didn't plan out. I will be up in Colorado hunting Elk in September. If I recall correctly its been 12 years since I found you deep in the Buffalo to get the tipi. My where does the time go! Hope all is well on your end.