New Kifaru Woodsman!

BAKPAKR

WKR
My Woodsman arrived yesterday and I like it a lot already. A big “Thank you” to everyone who has made any post about the Woodsman on here. I think I have read them all and they really helped me decide on the Woodsman. I am pretty sure it is going to replace my Late Season as my go to hunting pack.

Does anyone know how the SG load cell would work well between the frame and bag (on the load shelf)? I doubt I would use it often but I would like to have some sort of bag that I could carry a little extra stuff in case I decide to go on a couple day trip or if I am coming out with some meat. Does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative to the load cell?

I have also read that many of you attach a pod to the bottom. Since it appears that Kifaru no longer offers a pod, what else are you using?

Thanks.

OP
BAKPAKR

BAKPAKR

WKR
I forgot to mention that I couldn’t believe how quickly I had my Woodsman bag. I ordered it on 7/11 and got a shipping notice on 7/17. I thought Kifaru had possibly decided to ship the accessories I had ordered early. I was surprised when my complete order showed up on 7/23.

SG load cells are very nice as they are rectangular in shape. They are not seam sealed but you could seam seal them if you need it to be a dry bag.

colersu22

WKR
I use a medium roll top pod, you might be able to find a used one by posting an ad looking for one on here or the kifaru forum.

OP
BAKPAKR

BAKPAKR

WKR
I got the Stone Glacier load cell and tried it with the Woodsman and Guide Lid this weekend on a trip with my wife and daughter. It worked great. On the way in, I had the straps on the bottom a little loose which let the Woodsman sit down where a full-size bag would. On the trip out, I tightened the bottom straps and had the Woodsman up where it normally would be. Either way worked fine, and I am very impressed with the combination.

For me, I think the Woodsman with the Guide Lid/load cell option, will be the perfect set up for dayhunts with an occasional 1-2 nighter thrown in.

5AA9ED4B-EF24-4DD7-AF4E-AB6C07C10C75.jpg

(I couldn’t figure out how to flip the photo from my phone - sorry).