Kuiu Icon Pro Pack help....

golfbum

WKR
I just traded a metcalf for a Icon pro 3200 as I like the layout of the bag so much more on the Kuiu.

Having an issue getting the bag to stay of the carbon stays of the frame. It like if I grabbed the bag and lifted it off the ground it would come of the carbon frame stays. Im sure Im missing an adjustment it just seems like it should be pulling down on those stays more then it does. Almost like the bag is to long for the frame. Anyone else experience this?

With that said once I get this figured out I think I will really like this pack and the member I traded with here on Rokslide was great to work with! An awesome site here!

madkaw284

Lil-Rokslider
There should be 2 straps at the bottom of the lumbar pad on the back that hook onto the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those straps with quick clips attach on the frame side of the bag and pull down toward the bottom of the belt.

JP100

WKR
Pretty common issue with the Kuiu bags, especially if half full

the very bottom straps(bottom of frame) have a few attachment points to the bag, there is small loops about 3-4" up from the bottom of the bag that these can attach into, this will pull the bag down into the frame.

Downfall is you cannot use the bottom straps to compress the bag, or attach things like a bed roll etc with those straps.

I only just figured this out the other day after having this problem for years haha

LaHunter

WKR

the very bottom straps(bottom of frame) have a few attachment points to the bag, there is small loops about 3-4" up from the bottom of the bag that these can attach into, this will pull the bag down into the frame.

Downfall is you cannot use the bottom straps to compress the bag, or attach things like a bed roll etc with those straps.

I only just figured this out the other day after having this problem for years haha

This is only a common issue if not attached to the frame correctly.

You CAN compress the bottom of the bag no problem. The attachment straps are separate from how you would compress the bottom.

Not sure if your Ultra is different from the Icon Pro, but I have never had an issue with my Icon Pro, but I have mine attached properly.

JP I add a quick clip onto the end of each strap and then run them back to the loops at the bottom jus below the vertical pocket zipper and that then allows you to attach something to the bottom or keep it partially compressed to keep everything from migrating to the bottom. The new packs come with a hook to do just what I described.

madkaw284

Lil-Rokslider
Ignore the male buckle, that’s for my icon pro bag. I currently have it setup with an 1800 ultra bag, anyway,
You can see how the strap comes off the hip belt and goes up to clip to a loop on the bag, the strap then comes back down thru a closed loop and compressed around the bottom of the bag.

a7d7fc70eda70a53746a04d4c9af1a2a.heic

madkaw284

Lil-Rokslider
When you tension this strap, it will pull the bag down as tight as you need it onto the frame stays.

OP
golfbum

golfbum

WKR
Thanks for everyone’s help!

I’m still struggling if there is a fix?

Here are some pics of the way I have it attached which is about as tight as I can get it?

I saw on their site this was a common issue, does the newsest frame solve this? Or it is a bag issue?
View attachment 76330

OP
golfbum

golfbum

WKR
I also have a a few squeaks I need to get rid of, ideas for that as well?

madkaw284

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure why, but I’m not able to view the attachments. Can you load the pictures another way? Curious to see what’s up with your setup.

OP
golfbum

golfbum

WKR
59AAA2C9-CF92-4A59-A548-558B033CAF5C.jpgI’m not sure why it won’t let me post photos?

If anyone will Pm me their number I will text them

OP
golfbum

golfbum

WKR
Huge thanks to madkaw284!

He got me all setup!

Still some squeak to work out but the pack is tight on the upper stays now!