"Hovering Backpack." Hmmmm

Breaking the Mold: 'Hovering' Backpack Looks as Bizarre as It Sounds

Hmmm.

This could be amazing, or terrible. If it is great, wondering if it will have application to hunting packs. My first concern would be any heavy weight shifting when climbing up or down, throwing me off balance. It is an interesting concept none-the-less.

If you’re bouncing in the frequency range this thing is tuned for it MIGHT justify the extra weight/complexity. I would expect the effectiveness to be pretty dependent on how loaded down the pack is too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fedster

FNG
As it has been pointed out the pack is likely complex and thus might be fragile in the backcountry. Also, how much does it carry? 100 lbs? the fact it bounces means it is not putting the load on the hips in a stable way.

As it has been pointed out the pack is likely complex and thus might be fragile in the backcountry. Also, how much does it carry? 100 lbs? the fact it bounces means it is not putting the load on the hips in a stable way.

The HoverGlide Trekker has a 55-pound capacity and sits on a 24-inch frame. It offers daisy chains, external mesh pockets, and a variety of compression straps. This will be the brand’s largest offering for serious backpacking.

The 25-pound-capacity HoverGlide Commuter uses a 20-inch frame and offers more urban-focused features like a laptop sleeve and phone pocket.

For day trips, the HoverGlide Hiker has a 2-liter hydration reservoir, main storage compartment, and internal pockets for small items like keys and wallets.

Finally, Lightning Packs will launch the HoverGlide Tactical, developed for “first responders, military personnel, and anyone tackling long training runs.” This 1,000-denier Cordura pack will support heavy loads, has a webbing grid to accept MOLLE units, and offers a 2-liter hydration compartment.

According to the article