What is this on my Duplex Lite frame?

geriggs

WKR
I was under the impression with the duplex light and crater that i would attach the bag using male/female buckles like all the pics and videos show......but i got this giant black K-clip and no male bartacked in to connect to the bag. Im going to call them this morning to figure it out but wanted to make sure i wasnt missing something (Im sure its something simple my luck). I cant figure out for the life of me how to connect my crater to this frame at the top using buckles, every male i have is threaded meaning it does not have a slit in it to fit the bartacked loop in. I believe i have every buckle they make 10 times over lol. thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1133.jpg
    IMG_1133.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_1134.jpg
    IMG_1134.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
OP
G

geriggs

WKR
Ahhh i think i have already answered my own question...i see slotted male buckles on their website....i assume thats what im supposed to use. Apparently i don't have every buckle and attachment device they make. If thats correct could i get a simple yes please?

OP
G

geriggs

WKR
Talked to Kifaru, apparently all new frames are going out with this polymer over sized "K" clip. For me its just a PITA (its harder for me to use then the old K clips).....to each their own but I much prefer the ease of the buckles for detaching/attaching the bag especially if using the load shelf or changing bags. Well its nice to have options i suppose.

OP
G

geriggs

WKR
Ok thanks, thats what i figured. I guess all new ones are going out with this new polymer "K clip". I just need to find some slotted male buckles and ill be fine.

Mine has a slotted Buckle there if that's what you're asking

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Polymer K-clip??? Have they done any discussion or videos showing it’s strength like they did for the original K-clip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WoodBow

WKR
You can slot your own buckles to get you by. That's what i used to do. I used a bandsaw but you could use lots of things to do it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
G

geriggs

WKR
Dont know. They are tougher to use then the K clips. At least for me. Its weird cause all the videos i see show the male/female buckle attachment. Dont know why they changed it.

Polymer K-clip??? Have they done any discussion or videos showing it’s strength like they did for the original K-clip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont know. They are tougher to use then the K clips. At least for me. Its weird cause all the videos i see show the male/female buckle attachment. Dont know why they changed it.

because the first thing people ask kifaru when come out with a new product is "how much does it weigh?"

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Do you have a slotted female and ladderloc male around (more typical combo)? If so why don't you just take the ladderloc/polymer clip off the load lifter strap. Put the ladderloc male buckle on the load lifter strap and slotted female on the frame loop. Not sure if there is something about the setup I'm overlooking that you need to have a male on the frame?

OP
G

geriggs

WKR
i tried something like that but i dont think i was doing it correctly because the ladder lock male wouldnt hold...it was sliding but i couldnt turn it over because then the load lifter straps would not sit the proper way....i will mess with it some more.

Do you have a slotted female and ladderloc male around (more typical combo)? If so why don't you just take the ladderloc/polymer clip off the load lifter strap. Put the ladderloc male buckle on the load lifter strap and slotted female on the frame loop. Not sure if there is something about the setup I'm overlooking that you need to have a male on the frame?