Kuiu 1850 without frame or venture 2300

golfbum

WKR
Opinions on bag setup?

I have a Icon Pro 3200 that I like, however I’m
Looking for a smaller pack without a frame for day hunts and scouting, would you go with a venture 2300 or save some money and get 1850 bag since I have the suspension already. How is the 1850 without a frame? Is it easy to use and comfortable?

Let me know your thoughts!!! Thanks

xcutter

WKR
I have an Icon 1850 without the suspension. It's by far my favorite pack. I used it with the carbon frame also and works great. For me the pack is perfect for day trips and general hiking. Really comfortable as well.

I have no experience with Venture 2300. Looks like a nice pack though.

I have it set up now without a frame. My only issue with it is that it is REALLY small. HOnestly day hunts with the frame were fine. I just liked to spread my stuff out and not "have to" be organized, so now exclusively run the 5200 bag(with frame) dayhunts included. No matter how light I just like most of my load riding on my hips.

OP
golfbum

golfbum

WKR
Thanks for the info, I can run the 1850 with my shoulder straps and waist belt correct?

If so I think I will look for a 1850 bag and try it out.

Thanks for the info, I can run the 1850 with my shoulder straps and waist belt correct?

If so I think I will look for a 1850 bag and try it out.

Yep, you can run it with the shoulder straps and waist belt, or just the shoulder straps and no waist belt if you want..or they also make just a webbing strap you can use as a waist belt too.