Kuiu Venture 1800 or MR Pop Up

Rymanco

WKR
I know these packs are not quite in the same category but I'm more than likely gonna be buying one or the other but I'm not quite sure which one is gonna be better for me. I will be packing in 3 modified helium sticks and my predator saddle hunting platform. Other than that I'll have a few small things like a couple ropes, binocs, rangefinder, thermacell, miscellaneous little things. And also occasionally a jacket to put on once I get in the tree. So with that said I'm not sure I will need the "frame" of the Mystery Ranch or if the Kuiu internal frame will be enough. Any help or opinions are appreciated.

Doubt you’ll find much on the KUIU as it’s not out yet, I’m sure a couple guys have tested it though. I have the Icon Pro 1850 which can be used without the carbon fiber frame and has a pair of Easton aluminum frame stays that are basically arrows. I haven’t run it that way yet, but the only down side is it has a nylon waist belt strap when run that way, rather than a padded hip belt.

If you think you might want the ability to use an actual frame for hauling a tree stand, dry bag, meat, or even a turkey, I’d look at ordering the Icon Pro 1850 bag instead. KUIU will sell the shoulder straps by themselves if you call, so you’d just need to add the frame and hip belt at a later date if you wanted the full kit.

I really like the bag itself and the way everything is laid out. It’s the perfect size for an (all) day pack if you have lightweight gear. There is less space when it’s fully loaded than it appears when you’re handing the bag empty. Filling the water bladder sleeve and internal pockets takes space away from the main compartment, but it’s still sufficient for a puffy jacket, fleece, base layer bottoms, and a days worth of food.

OP
Rymanco

Rymanco

WKR
Doubt you’ll find much on the KUIU as it’s not out yet, I’m sure a couple guys have tested it though. I have the Icon Pro 1850 which can be used without the carbon fiber frame and has a pair of Easton aluminum frame stays that are basically arrows. I haven’t run it that way yet, but the only down side is it has a nylon waist belt strap when run that way, rather than a padded hip belt.

If you think you might want the ability to use an actual frame for hauling a tree stand, dry bag, meat, or even a turkey, I’d look at ordering the Icon Pro 1850 bag instead. KUIU will sell the shoulder straps by themselves if you call, so you’d just need to add the frame and hip belt at a later date if you wanted the full kit.

I really like the bag itself and the way everything is laid out. It’s the perfect size for an (all) day pack if you have lightweight gear. There is less space when it’s fully loaded than it appears when you’re handing the bag empty. Filling the water bladder sleeve and internal pockets takes space away from the main compartment, but it’s still sufficient for a puffy jacket, fleece, base layer bottoms, and a days worth of food.

I have looked at the icon but I don't think it's what I'm looking for. And as far as I can tell the Kuiu Venture 1800 is out. U can buy them on there website.

I have looked at the icon but I don't think it's what I'm looking for. And as far as I can tell the Kuiu Venture 1800 is out. U can buy them on there website.

My mistake. I looked at their website and it said “shipping winter 2018”, but that’s only for size L. Size M is out now. Also, there is a tab I missed on the Icon Pro that allows the padded hip belt without the frame.

Just bought my wife an Icon Pro 1850 off the classifieds here without the frame. I am supprised with how much I like it for a day pack.

The one I have has the hip belt but no frame. I believe you could haul 30 -40 lbs on it no problem.

I also bought a load hauler (designed to be used with the frame and suspension only) and I think that I can rig that to work on the outside of the pack. If I get the load hauler figured out it will make a great day pack.