• Mystery Ranch

Votes: 44 12.7%
  • Sitka Gear

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Stone Glacier

Votes: 38 11.0%
  • Tenzing

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Other (Cabelas/BPS, LL Bean, Sportsmans Warehouse, Seek, a mainly Hiking Brand)

Votes: 26 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rgrx1276

Lil-Rokslider
Mystery ranch Metcalfe.
rof2xvP.jpg

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I voted stone glacier as that is the one I'll have set up for actual day to day backpack hunting. I run mystery ranch for day and spike camps in the back country. I just use the frames and make custom bags that suit my preferences better.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Stone glacier xcurve with a 3300ish bag made by Pods8. If not hunting and doing more weight conscious hiking I use their load cell as my bag in their meat shelf.

strand

Lil-Rokslider
Mystery Ranch Pintler
I also have a few other MR bags including the Metcalf, Longbow, and 6500, but I'm going to try run the Pintler this year for everything and use the load shelf to pack in extra gear on my longer hunts. I almost had pods8 built a custom bag for this frame, then wound up buying a Pintler. I love this bag.

michihunt

Lil-Rokslider
Mystery Ranch with a NICE frame. Either 6500 pack or load sling.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

I just ordered a Kifaru duplex lite and Reckoning bag, I can’t wait to use that pack this year. I had been running a Kuiu but needed to switch it up.

OP
mproberts

mproberts

WKR
I just ordered a Kifaru duplex lite and Reckoning bag, I can’t wait to use that pack this year. I had been running a Kuiu but needed to switch it up.

I'm honestly surprised how high the percentage is for Kifaru and how low it is for KUIU. Those numbers are definitely the ones that surprise me the most.

amp713

WKR
Had some cheaper brands, got a kifaru, tried some others came back to kifaru and dont plan to switch frames again... may try a few other bags if they come out with something I think will work better than the muskeg

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm honestly surprised how high the percentage is for Kifaru and how low it is for KUIU. Those numbers are definitely the ones that surprise me the most.

Ya but kifaru and mr have been around way longer, huge loyal customer base.

OP
mproberts

mproberts

WKR
Ya but kifaru and mr have been around way longer, huge loyal customer base.

Yeah I thought that would give Kifaru the edge but doesn’t seem to be helping MR out as much. Exo has more votes right now than MR. I also would think more guys would be running KUIU packs for the price and weight of them.

WJS23

WKR
Kifaru EMR2 and the scout for hunting back east and my wife runs the DT2 and also the scout as well before that we both had badlands packs they did the job but after we went and tested out the Kifaru packs at the shop we finally understood why guys will spend a bunch of money on packs

Kifaru Bikini frame and AMR or Argali bag. Tried most all of the other major pack makers and Kifaru was the best for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAKPAKR

WKR
I will be using a Kifaru Woodsman with a tactical frame this fall. I know the frame is overkill for this bag but I got it for possible heavy loads with my Reckoning bag and as an update to whatever frame came with my Longhunter Guide pack back in the early-mid 2000s.