• Mystery Ranch

Votes: 44 12.7%
  • Sitka Gear

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Stone Glacier

Votes: 38 11.0%
  • Tenzing

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Other (Cabelas/BPS, LL Bean, Sportsmans Warehouse, Seek, a mainly Hiking Brand)

Votes: 26 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

geriggs

WKR
ran the crater this weekend. Big pack. Not as manageable as a day pack and pretty strappy but with a load this thing is awesome. Bought a Exo 3500 and put it on my older Kifaru frame and it may be the ticket if i run the camp bag in between bag and frame...then drop camp and hunt with the 3500. It looks like it will work great. Going to try it on opener. I would say with a big/heavy load i enjoy the ease of use of the crater....but when just in hunt mode i think i will like the 3500 better. Love the hydration bladder pocket and side pockets. I dont understand why kifaru rarely uses water bladder pocket. I used a bladder in the crater this weekend and didnt have the bladder sealed properly. My fault but there is no drain hold in the crater so I had a bunch of water in the bottom of my pack. soaked a lot of stuff i didnt need wet. AND i was low on water on a very hot and dry day. Luckily i brought along a lightweight sawyer filter bottle and it saved my butt. Love the kifaru frame so much though. Never getting rid of that.

jspradley

WKR
Kifaru hunting frame, formerly had a Mountain Warrior on it, currently running it with a cargo net, OR dry bag and a Native. Trying to decide what bag I want to put on it

ran the crater this weekend. Big pack. Not as manageable as a day pack and pretty strappy but with a load this thing is awesome. Bought a Exo 3500 and put it on my older Kifaru frame and it may be the ticket if i run the camp bag in between bag and frame...then drop camp and hunt with the 3500. It looks like it will work great. Going to try it on opener. I would say with a big/heavy load i enjoy the ease of use of the crater....but when just in hunt mode i think i will like the 3500 better. Love the hydration bladder pocket and side pockets. I dont understand why kifaru rarely uses water bladder pocket. I used a bladder in the crater this weekend and didnt have the bladder sealed properly. My fault but there is no drain hold in the crater so I had a bunch of water in the bottom of my pack. soaked a lot of stuff i didnt need wet. AND i was low on water on a very hot and dry day. Luckily i brought along a lightweight sawyer filter bottle and it saved my butt. Love the kifaru frame so much though. Never getting rid of that.

I really wish my Kifaru Woodsman had a bladder pocket.

NorthT

FNG
Kifaru tactical frame 24" , combination of nomad, cargo panel or 22 mag depending on hunt and time of year.

Huntin wv

Lil-Rokslider
Kifaru mountain warrior on the hunter frame and SG sky 5100 on an xcurve frame for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
mproberts

mproberts

WKR
the results of this poll are not surprising

Yeah about what I expected, kind of confirms in my mind that gohunt should have pitted the top bags against each other, but that's for another discussion.

There are still many we must bring to the light of The Big Three

and they are? haha I'm waiting for the outrage when the 4th is left off. The bag I run is likely not in the big three, but I'm okay with that.. I can sleep at night.

Cantharellus

Lil-Rokslider
Started with Kifaru Bikini frame and DT2 bag, upgraded to the Hunting Frame. I've been tempted to try an EXO or Stone Glacier, but every time I put that Kifaru on I forget about the other options.

jspradley

WKR
Yeah about what I expected, kind of confirms in my mind that gohunt should have pitted the top bags against each other, but that's for another discussion.

and they are? haha I'm waiting for the outrage when the 4th is left off. The bag I run is likely not in the big three, but I'm okay with that.. I can sleep at night.

You're right... I should say "Big Four", I always forget Exo for some reason.. ;)

OP
mproberts

mproberts

WKR
You're right... I should say "Big Four", I always forget Exo for some reason.. ;)

This reminds me of a podcast I was listening to a few years back now. The details and names are hazy, but the guest (some well respected hunter, possibly Rinella idk) kept saying "the big 3 of backcountry hunting clothing" and the host kept correcting him saying there was 4... adding in Kryptek (I assume mainly because they were sponsored by them). It was just hilarious because the guest kept saying "big 3" and wouldn't budge or add in Kryptek. You could tell he was totally blowing off their attempts to legitimize Kryptek into the discussion. It was pretty funny.

slick

WKR
SG 7400 compressed. Have the lid, and the serac bag. Can go from 1700- 12,900cu if needed.

aaro9991

FNG
I know it’s heavy but MR longbow on nice frame and the MR Dragonslayer (essentially the longbow shrunk down to day pack). The bag is incredible organization wise. It’s like it was designed just for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MR Pop-up 18 for every day. Pintler for colder weather and packing out animals. Badland Ox for packing out big items like 50gal drums.