• Mystery Ranch

Votes: 44 12.7%
  • Sitka Gear

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Stone Glacier

Votes: 38 11.0%
  • Tenzing

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Other (Cabelas/BPS, LL Bean, Sportsmans Warehouse, Seek, a mainly Hiking Brand)

Votes: 26 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mproberts

WKR
Ok.. I'm probably going to completely screw this up, but I'm trying to get a RS sampling of what brand pack everyone is using for a dedicated backcountry big game hunt (I'll let you define what that means)

Since RS limits the poll to 10 choices.. I apologize if I left out some brand, but the "Other" category will have to do.

Last edited:

Trial153

WKR
I use more then one brand...so I voted for the one that I uss the use the most. I own 6 packs, four are mystery ranch and two are Kifaru.

OP
mproberts

mproberts

WKR
Thanks.. yeah nothing scientific and obviously there are a ton of variables.. hence the "I'll let you define what that means"

But figured just for the fun of it, let's poll the group and see what comes up.

NDGuy

WKR
Love my Metcalf, bought a Pintler bag but think I will swap it for a Pop up 28 vs having to swap bags back and forth.

Mystery Ranch does a great job.

gelton

WKR
Have been running a DT1 for years but just picked up a Duplex Lite and medium Muskeg. Loving it so far, however, the new design for the load lifters being attached to the bag instead of the frame has me scratching my head. Works great for 60lbs but hope to test it under 100lbs during elk season. I dont see myself ever switching from Kifaru.

Rokwiia

WKR
You didn't include Seek Outside in your list but put it in "other" along with Cabelas?

Did you also allude to SO as "a mainly hiking brand"?

OP
mproberts

mproberts

WKR
RS limits the poll to 10 choices, I just ran out of room TBH. If it was a perfect world I would have added every brand as a separate choice and then left a category for mainly hiking brands to cover the guys that are running something like a Deuter, Gregory, Kelty, Marmot, Osprey, TNF, etc

You didn't include Seek Outside in your list but put it in "other" along with Cabelas?

Did you also allude to SO as "a mainly hiking brand"?

mcr-85

WKR
I also have a few. I have a Kifaru Duplex with a Reckoning and a Kifaru Duplex with a Nomad. I won a Mystery Ranch Selway in the GoHunt member giveaway 2 months ago that I'm looking to try out. I also have a Hill People Gear AHBC for scouting and a day pack. I wouldn't be afraid to use the HPG for an overnighter but if the trip was successful, I don't think it would haul a whole deer comfortably. HPG has some great products though.

Sticking with my Kifaru Argali and Hunter frame for the third year. I keep telling myself I'm going to get a different bag for it, but havent jumped on anything yet.

CX5Ranch

WKR
Cant remember who made mine
d234b49a039fe45b6fdcc9a29c7b83c2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

26" Kifaru Lite, Nomad 2, with SO Gen 1 Peregrine as a camp gear bag between the wings on the way in and out and in the tent while hunting.

Frankenpack.....

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll be running the ol' kifaru again. I have a couple bag options depending on the trip none of them have a load shelf though.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk