water bottle holder modification on a stone glacier x curve

I'm sure this has been done, but I did not like where a water bottle holder set on my stone glacier x curve belt. I felt it was in the way when I hiked plus I wanted another belt pouch. so I made a modification to my pods 8 water bottle holder and was able to move the bottle back on the belt more and freed up room for a second pouch. Just another option for a water bottle holder on a stone glacier x curve20180811_102224.jpg

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Did you end up wrapping around the belt pad to make use of that deadzone? Or is there a way on the xcurve to mount behind the grey area? I don't have an xcurve, I have an EVO so I don't have hands on for that specific difference.

OP
O
I attached a piece of Velcro to the fabric between the bag and the two belt strap buckles in the picture. Then I put another piece on the back of the strap on the pods 8 water bottle holder. That in itself is very strong and the bottle did not move at all. For added strength, I made two straps attached them to the water bottle holder and added Velcro to those straps and then wrap them around the belt and they attach to each other. The strap goes around the dead space area you mentioned and it worked great. Plenty of room for a second belt pouch now and the bottle is out of the way and I can easily use one hand to put it in and remove it.

OP
O
I also messed with a solid strap instead of the two with velcro. If you are going to use a solid strap like is on the holder then I suggest that you make it out of some sort of fabric that has a little stretch to it and pull it over the belt and as you get to the location you want it then simply use the velcro to secure it to the fabric on the belt. I went with a strap because I could not find any stretch type fabric at the store.