Seek outside packs with a lightweight load

I was wondering how Seek Outside packs feel with loads in the 20 to 30 lb range. I'm looking at the Divide or Gila. I would imagine the foam is pretty stiff on the hipbelt and shoulder straps, since they use the same belt and straps on all of their packs. I would imagine the suspension isn't too stiff under lightweight loads, since flex is built into the design.

I would like this pack to work for everything from overnighters to weeklong trips - if I buy a Seek Outside pack, will I wish I had something with a lighter suspension (like a ULA Circuit or something) for shorter trips with less weight?

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I was wondering how Seek Outside packs feel with loads in the 20 to 30 lb range. I'm looking at the Divide or Gila. I would imagine the foam is pretty stiff on the hipbelt and shoulder straps, since they use the same belt and straps on all of their packs. I would imagine the suspension isn't too stiff under lightweight loads, since flex is built into the design.

I would like this pack to work for everything from overnighters to weeklong trips - if I buy a Seek Outside pack, will I wish I had something with a lighter suspension (like a ULA Circuit or something) for shorter trips with less weight?

Granted, I have some bias, but they excel with a lighter load really. Most customers comment that it does heavy as well if not better than XYZ but what separates it is how well it does light. Many UL or lightweight people use them especially the Divide / Gila style.
Cheers Kevin

Rokwiia

WKR
I have a Revolution Fortress 6,300 with a Talon, top lid, and two belt pouches. I don't think there is a higher-capacity pack in their group.

I've used it on several times day hikes, to break it in, and used approximately your stated amount of weight. It performed like a charm. By days end, I had no shoulder fatigue that I found with ultralight backpacks such as my ZPacks. To the contrary, I found myself yearning for more weight.

For what it's worth, the Fortress 6,300 weighs the same as the Peregrine 3,500 and has become my go-to, day pack as well as my fully-loaded winter pack.

I have a revolution/fortress combo with a bunch of add on pouches. For the most part what I do is pack in all the gear to setup camp, then when out for a day, I have food/water/survival and game gear with me. While walking all the cold weather sitting gear would put me in that range. The pack works well.

If it is early season, I sometimes take the merlin pack off and just use it, but when it is cold, I just leave it attached.

superA

WKR
I have a Revolution Fortress 6,300 with a Talon, top lid, and two belt pouches. I don't think there is a higher-capacity pack in their group.

I've used it on several times day hikes, to break it in, and used approximately your stated amount of weight. It performed like a charm. By days end, I had no shoulder fatigue that I found with ultralight backpacks such as my ZPacks. To the contrary, I found myself yearning for more weight.

For what it's worth, the Fortress 6,300 weighs the same as the Peregrine 3,500 and has become my go-to, day pack as well as my fully-loaded winter pack.

How many consecutive days do you stay out in the winter time? Are you hunting or just backpacking? Reason I'm asking is I'm looking real hard at the divide pack but am curious as to the cargo space needed for winter backpacking.

My seek outside frame works great for light loads. I use it for packing in camp. I also use it every day hunting. I have never felt I needed something different.

Revolution feels great empty or loaded. Seek Outside foam is not stiff. Most comfortable pack on the market!