Kifaru urban ruck

williamson88

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for opinions and possibly bag dump pics of people running with for whitetail hunting. Need to upgrade from my badlands

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

matman

Lil-Rokslider
I enjoy the Urban Ruck as a pack used for hiking, hunting, or EDC. It has plenty of space to hold gear and you can add a n additional pouch on the front and expand your main compartment by filling up the snow collar. I think the chamber slider is a must for this pack as it would slouch and ball up on my back if not using one.

My dislike is the back panel. It’s mainly just a solid panel so very little if any airflow happens.

If you are using for a whitetail pack I think you will be just fine if you are tossing gear and other goodies in it. If you are looking to haul meat or heavy gear, such as stands, this will not work well for that. It could do it but there are other packs better suited for that. Also check out the door gunner I do not have one but I like the looks and structure of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
W

williamson88

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you for that man wasn't sure how it be without the pullout but I'll have to get that as well

matman

Lil-Rokslider
No problem. I believe the slider is a must. I comfortably carried gear in it without but it all balled up in one spot on my back. And that made organizing gear difficult.

btg108

FNG
You definitely want something to stiffen the bag. I’ve got an Omni Frame Sheet in mine (the one designed for the Urban Zippy). If you’re using it as an outdoors pack that’s a cheaper option than the sliders- it’s also stiffer which is either good or bad depending on your perspective.

That said for purely trail use I’d want something with some back ventilation and would look at an Antero or DoorGunner.

SteveB

FNG
I recommend the X-Ray with a belt over the Urban Ruck or the Antero. If you need something with more capacity or taller, the 14r is worth a look.

OP
W

williamson88

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered it with omni and large pouch

i think you'll like that one. if i was looking for a simple daypack to hang in the tree next to me that's probably which kifaru pack i would choose as well.

OP
W

williamson88

Lil-Rokslider
i think you'll like that one. if i was looking for a simple daypack to hang in the tree next to me that's probably which kifaru pack i would choose as well.
It's simple and plenty of room for my stuff I have it all in pull out bags now as is