Tree stand/blind backpack

ofl0926

WKR
What’s up everyone.
I know this is a random question but I’m looking for a bag that I can take into a box blind and tree stand. Just wanted to know what recommendations you guys had or experiences you can share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrying just food, tools, and necessities or do you need to pack meat out with it?

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
Carrying just food, tools, and necessities or do you need to pack meat out with it?

My man lol. Always to the rescue. I’m just gonna keep you on speed dial

So just the basics. Tools, rain gear, food, piss bottle etc. no packing of meat

weedwacker42

Lil-Rokslider
I'm trying the Kifaru Hellcat this year. I treestand hunt, but all are fixed so I don't have to carry anything unwieldy like a climber or hang on. Also, we don't have to pack out animals. Pack seems big enough to carry or lash on a heavier outer layer, plenty of organization for calls, scents, sprays, calls, etc. I am betting hanging it in the tree will be more convenient than hanging a standard backpack for me.

Being in NY I do 99% of my deer hunting in treestand. I haul everything into the woods with my SO Revolution frame. I use a $40 Gander mountain pack as my day pack. Nothing really special needed in a treestand or blind.

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
I'm trying the Kifaru Hellcat this year. I treestand hunt, but all are fixed so I don't have to carry anything unwieldy like a climber or hang on. Also, we don't have to pack out animals. Pack seems big enough to carry or lash on a heavier outer layer, plenty of organization for calls, scents, sprays, calls, etc. I am betting hanging it in the tree will be more convenient than hanging a standard backpack for me.

i really like that hip pack but i was hoping to have something i can use as a backpack at the airport as well. kinda like a two for one type thing. use it as my travel bag and then set it up to hit the woods

X2 for Badlands Superday. No need to spend the big money on the other packs to do what you want. I use my superday for what you are talking about. Great pack and really great company. I use my Kifaru out west and my badlands in Michigan.

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
X2 for Badlands Superday. No need to spend the big money on the other packs to do what you want. I use my superday for what you are talking about. Great pack and really great company. I use my Kifaru out west and my badlands in Michigan.

yeah i am leaning towards the superday pack. i just sent them a message to see if they can send me some more pics of their "Earth" color.

i keep eyeballing the new tenzing tx15 and if i didn't need to carry stands would probably pick one up to play with. i don't know about quality of their packs but the size/layout of that thing looks perfect for treestand hunting. if i got to design my perfect pack i would be stealing some ideas off of that thing. 2000 ci, exterior side pockets, top loader with side zip access, and forward folding lid.

adamm88

WKR
If you dont need something with a stiff frame or hull a climber or hang on and sticks i would at the Kifaru eastern ruck, 511 rush series(pick the size that works Best), Special ops(tru Pack) or the camelbak military line, these packs are made to take a beating, have plenty of mollet to strap a jack or something to the outside. All the material is a codura fabric and will hold up better than the cloth type material like badlands or some of those other hunting companies use.

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
If you are going to be a mobile treestand hunter, I would suggest one of the higher end packs. I know they are quite expensive up front, but most of them have lifetime warranty's and can take one heck of a beating. I personally carry a Exo K2000 here in PA/MD, especially for my hang on and ladder sticks. These packs manage the weight so well you can hardly tell you have a load on your back. I created a "What's in my Exo pack" video that I will be posting to my YouTube channel shortly. In the meantime, if you check out this page you can see two pics of what's in my pack and what it looks like packed up. PennsylTucky Adventures | Facebook

I bought a cheap ($40) tactical pack off amazon for my deer hunting stuff. I have camera arm, camera, snacks, small saw, etc in it and then strap it to the back of my LW/muddy mobile setup, which i carry on a Kifaru Duplex frame.

e6f09e4288bc425712664969065c96e0.jpg

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
If you dont need something with a stiff frame or hull a climber or hang on and sticks i would at the Kifaru eastern ruck, 511 rush series(pick the size that works Best), Special ops(tru Pack) or the camelbak military line, these packs are made to take a beating, have plenty of mollet to strap a jack or something to the outside. All the material is a codura fabric and will hold up better than the cloth type material like badlands or some of those other hunting companies use.

That kifaru eastern ruck looks pretty bad ass.

tracker12

WKR
Go to walmart and buy a $15.00 backpack big enough to carry what ever you need for the day. Not trying to be a SA but there is really no need to use much else. I picked up a cheap Camelbak years ago and it has serve me well for many years.

I have a Superday that I use when I am actually hunting with it on my back all day but find it more than I need for in a stand.

Last edited: