2014 Kifaru Nomad

MattB

WKR
I guess a person could also attach the horizontal compression straps on the high camp bag to the common loops on the inside panel of the nomad. For guys like me who are leary about compressing the contents of the nomad wings (scopes etc) to support the highcamp bag this would allow them some peace of mind.

Or use a grab-it to keep the load up and the bat wings to keep it generally in place. I do not think you would need to put more tension on the horizontal compression straps than you would just to keep the bat wings from flopping.

Ship date is ~4/4.

lintond

WKR
I haven't received my ship date yet :( Must be down the list a ways, ordered before new years.

drake7

FNG
Can anyone clear up the difference between the XLT and the Longhunter lids. I understand the size difference but why is the XLT more expensive when it's the smaller of the two? I am sure their are a lot of threads where this is explained but I could not find one. Any help is much appreciated.

Aron, everything posted so far shows the Longhunter Lid. Is there a reason not to use the XTL lid with this setup? I don't currently have a lid, and as I am a notorious overpacker, I have been looking at the XTL.

Can anyone clear up the difference between the XLT and the Longhunter lids. I understand the size difference but why is the XLT more expensive when it's the smaller of the two? I am sure their are a lot of threads where this is explained but I could not find one. Any help is much appreciated.

It could be because the XLT has the added pals webbing making it take longer to make.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

The XLT is a PITA to make! It has draw cords, compression straps, more pockets and attachment points.

The LH lid is one big pocket.

I'll explain more when I get back to computer.

wyodan

WKR
Cool, I've been having a hard time figuring this out as well from the pictures on the website. Aron, could you post a couple of pictures of the Nomad with the XTL? A front and side view would be great so I could compare it to the Longhunter lid.

MattB

WKR
If memory serves, the XTL is slightly heavier than the stock LH lid (despite what the website says), and the XTL would weight quite a bit more once you trim the LH. The XTL has multiple pockets and a lot more material to it than you can see in a picture (to Aron's point on it being a PITA to make).

drthornton

Lil-Rokslider
You guys that have ordered what are ship dates looking like?

This is my first Kifaru Order....how do you get your Ship Dates? I ordered like 10 minutes after Aron posted they were up on the site. If it comes via email there is a good chance I deleted it while cleaning up Holiday chatter from my inbox.

chopchop

FNG
This is my first Kifaru Order....how do you get your Ship Dates? I ordered like 10 minutes after Aron posted they were up on the site. If it comes via email there is a good chance I deleted it while cleaning up Holiday chatter from my inbox.

It should be on the invoice that they sent you.