Official Frankenpack Photo Thread

gil_wy

Lil-Rokslider
Clinch, on the Approach the frame to pack attachment points are toward the front of the pack. Not a big deal unless you are packing meat and then everything in you pack is compressed very tightly. I like being able to do both (compress the pack and compress loads) but separately.

Clinch

Lil-Rokslider
I get that. Been thinking about the Hitchhiker for that style setup myself, just wasn't sure how it would work. Thanks

2blade

WKR
This the "Kuiudox". A Paradox Evolution Frame and suspension with a Kuiu Icon Pro 1850. This is the pack compressed for day hunt mode.
View attachment 21834

This is a great day hunting setup with the ability to haul meat. I've run the frame and suspension with 60-70 lbs while training this summer, and really like how it carries the load. I also have the Evolution bag and talon for larger backpacking trips, but I like the fabric and organization of the Kuiu 1850 for hunting. Purchased the bag from Rokslider Adirondak5. Thanks again!

Rossi,

Where did you get the belt pouch?

Thanks

Rossi

Lil-Rokslider
The belt pouches are Maxpedition 5x7x2. They are sold through several vendors. I cut the noisy metal zipper pull off the front pocket and replaced it with paracord. You'll need 2 tacties (3") for each pouch to attach to the belt.

rexahayes

Lil-Rokslider
Still need to try it with a heavier load and possibly grab a lid and some belt pouches as soon as I nail down a gear list. Kifaru bikini frame, hpg tarapocket, and a stone glacier dry bag. Using granite gear zip ditties for organization
ae996c9cfc25c9f6d5242ac2737931b8.jpg
404bcf5b82a60d6a97d2b1e0add96159.jpg

jm1607

WKR
HPG Umlindi w/Prairie Belt, Kifaru Grab It, Kifaru Small Pouch, and a generic molle holster with my Walther PPS 9mm & my Kestrel edc..

FOR SALE TOO!

20151202_161838.jpg

20151202_161850.jpg

Jesus rally, you better be only walking down a two track with that contraption.
Lol.
Keep it together, Rob

ozyclint

WKR
i have modified both my kifaru T2 and spikecamp.
the T2 has had the meat shelf and side sleeve pockets removed. i added a 6" snow collar and pals webbing where the side sleeves were to accept any pockets. i made side pockets like the ones kifaru makes out of the material that got cut off. so now it looks more like an AMR with a snow collar like a T1. i love it even more now.

the spikecamp got modified with the addition of 26" stays. way better as a daypack that can haul some meat now in complete comfort.

i'll get some pics soon.

copedog

FNG
Hey Rex can you post some more pics of that Bikini/Tara setup??

Specifically just the frame with the tara on it. Did you have any issues attaching the tara?

I am wanting to do a setup like that with a pod or something below it. Use the tara for hydration/lunch and the pod for extra clothes/raingear/etc. I'll probably get the tara with the harness so I can use it as a pack when not attached.

I'm going on a guided horseback archery elk hunt and really want to be light/compact, but still have the ability to attach my bow. When I go on a backpack hunt I can just add a bigger bag to it like you did for camp/food.

Kinda like this except on a frame.

12175284106_8f5ddee447_b.jpg

Thanks!!

Copedog, have you looked into the new Spotting Scope pocket attached directly to the frame for a UL day pack set up? The 3bars grab 4 common loops and it fits perfectly toy on the frame. No need for additional straps unless you're strapping something over the pocket.

copedog

FNG
Thanks for the suggestion and photos Mr. Bill.

I had seen that pocket, but not docked by itself like that.

One of the things I like about the tarahumara is that if I get the full pack version it has the harness, slot pocket, padded back panel, and wand pockets. I can use these for more organization and I can use it as a stand alone pack for my local whitetail hunts. I also like the fact that the tara can be used as a compression panel like Rex shows.

I'm trying to be as multi-use as possible. Its hard to spend this kind of money and only use the equipment 5-10 days a year on a wilderness hunt. A frame and a say a Nomad would work but then I have to keep them together and its overkill for my local needs.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Copedog

dunner543

Lil-Rokslider
Copedog, have you looked into the new Spotting Scope pocket attached directly to the frame for a UL day pack set up? The 3bars grab 4 common loops and it fits perfectly toy on the frame. No need for additional straps unless you're strapping something over the pocket.

I like that idea. Could even throw a guide lid and/or grab-it on there for some more space/functionality. Would be perfect on a UL 22in frame.

RallySquirrel

Lil-Rokslider
Ghost,

That is funny. My buddy talked me into a DIY in '14. "Its only 4-5 miles in" he said. "Highest elevation is 10.5" he said. On a shoe string budget I agreed to give it a whirl. 10 miles later in we crossed over 12,000 feet I was ready to lay down and die "but we're almost there". That friggin sleeping bag weighed 9# by itself with the whole rig weighing in around 65#. That jalopy held together though and 5 days later I scored on my first bull. Hooked, you bet I am. Making upgrades for this year, you bet I am.

View attachment 32780View attachment 32780

That's Awesome rally. Get out and hunt with what you have available.
Keep it together, Rob

gwl79902

WKR
copedog, I use the tara and bikini set up and it wooks well. I also got a highlander and it fits great. It is alot bigger and works better. I have not tried it as a day pack stand alone but I am 5 9 and I think it may be long.

copedog

FNG
Cool gwl.

Do you have any advise or pics of the setup?

Do you use another pocket/pod/bag under the tara? i'm wondering if I should add one or maybe just get a sil-ny bag for the extra clothes and compress it between the tara and the frame.

Did you ever attach a bow or rifle??

Copedog

gwl79902

WKR
copedog,
Sorry no picks but you could run a tarra and a stuff sack on the bottom. Just put the stuff you dont use much in tthe stuff sack. I find the tara is too small for all day hunts. If I am doing quick hunts it is great